Posts by astroid

Just to confirm the rockbox volume hack works on UK NW-A35 without issue, now rocking a USA model with no volume limit! Used to listen at 85, equivalent is now 60-65   Used "scsitool-nwz-v6.exe d: dest_tool set U off​" in cmd, took around 10 mins including reset and rescan of 55GB tracks.   Thanks Rockbox!
Just to confirm the rockbox volume hack works on UK NW-A35 without issue, now rocking a USA model with no volume limit! Used to listen at 85, equivalent is now 60-65   Used "scsitool-nwz-v6.exe d: dest_tool set U off​" in cmd, took around 10 mins including reset and rescan of 55GB tracks.   Thanks Rockbox!
200gb working without issue
Well done to Sony, the A35 is 100% gapless with mp3 as well as flac, nice to see!
The front and sides of the A35 are aluminium in case you wondered, the back is plastic I think. Build is very good, surprisingly heavy.
When you click on artist the albums show up with an "all songs" choice as well so Yes.
Ok been listening all day on and off, comparing with my Jr. First thing I will say is the A35 does not sound like my old A15. The A35 is smoother and has less grain. It's not a signature i associate with Walkmans I have owned but man I love it! Compared with the Jr the volume is better on the A35 than I expected, I used to listen to Jr at 44/75 , the A35 it's 85/120. There is a big jump in volume between 100-110 though. These drive my focal listen, AKG 550 mk2 no bother at...
Picked up my Cinnibar red a35 today, it's smaller than I expected. I have Astell Jr for comparison. I expect Sony to be weaker than the 2vrms of the Jr but the A15 was fine for me so not too worried. Would love to know eu mw rating, 35mw in non eu countries.
Gonna buy UK version today, have it in Sony Centre's now. Will report on volume etc asap
Guess HE1060 owners are thin on the ground at headfi?