Posts by blubliss

Kevin believes the bias is quite important for the HE90, so if you listened at the Stax bias, this may be a factor.  I can tell you I have heard both on the T2 and I prefer the proper HE90 bias of 500.  There is a difference.  I assume the BHSE was biased at 580.
heh, yeah, sorry.   Listening right now to make sure I was right 
Not true, and I have the combo.  
Make me an offer
After I wrote that I thought you might think I was talking of you, but I wasn't .  
The Shugaungs are a bit warmer so some may like them (my experience is with the T2).  There are a number of non-vocal people (who's ears I trust a lot) who don't feel the 009 is bright in the least, so don't necessarily listen to the guy who feels he needs to say they are bright every time they are mentioned   I would guess his source is bright.
Not sure if it is all right to do here, but I put up a bunch of very nice tubes in the For Sale section today if anyone is interested.
With the new Amplitrex AT1000 tube tester in house, it’s time to release a bunch of extra tubes for which I have too many and will never be able to use in one lifetime (and to recoup some of the cost of this beast).   Most of these got tested in both the Amplitrex and the Balancing Act, but not all.  I can send test results via email if requested.  I tried to match by Gm first then also by plate current, which is a bit more hit & miss, and not many sellers do...
I use the HD600 with an external amp with my Realiser (AIX) and love it.