Posts by blubliss

That amp was by Josh Stippich and it is called Electron Luv. There is some info and another link here: http://www.6moons.com/industryfeatur...c032/vsac.html This article also talks about the VRS a bit. That was the VRS I.
Ok, we are back from a very long day. It was really a great time. Now I understand why people always comment on how nice it is to meet other audiophiles at the meets. This was definitely the highlight for me. We had two listening sessions, one at a cable company and another at a guy's house (Jay) who is an audio reviewer for the Robb Report. David (909) came with his Reimyo and Moth Audio amp. All I can say is that i am still very impressed with the VRS Revelation II...
I bought one of Purk's R10s and he was delightful to deal with. Quick shipment, packaged perfectly. I recommend Purk highly. He is an asset to Head-fi. andy
We are having a meet in Los Angeles tomorrow and Mikhail from Singlepower is flying in to hear this source. He's bringing a balanced Maestro and some R10s. I will have my new R10s, an L3000 and some senns. Mikhail is also bringing a SS amp and some small tube amp, which may be new. Anyone out there with golden ears and who has experience with high-end gear want to come; give me a pm with your phone number and we'll talk. Space is limited.
Bought a pair of ATH-L3000 from wixy. The transaction was smooth and professional. The phones were as described and came packed well in a very timely manner. I highly recommend this seller.
Quote: Originally Posted by Jon L It's good to hear Vincent and company have not been stagnant in their development over at VRS. VRSII still is a one-box solution with analogue outputs, correct? How exactly was this being compared with your Headroom Desktop DAC/headamp, just through headphones or into some other preamp/amp/speaker setup? How was the computer connected to HR DAC? VRS II is a two box unit. Yes, it is still analog out from the...
I had an opportunity yesterday to experience something quite amazing. I met with the VRS people at a local high-end audio reviewers house to listen to a source which may change the high-end digital world. First, I will say that my experience with high-end CDPs is non-existent, so I had to rely on the reviewers and builders opinions here. You may say that this negates anything I say, so read no further. All I can say is that the music I heard sounded very real. It was...
pm sent
Hi, I'm planning on stepping up to an Singlepower SDS-XLR w/some upgrades. I would really like to use my computer as my source, but am concerned that my options might be too limited. Does anyone have experience with the Emprirical Audio modded sources (DAC1 and/or Northstar). I know this thread may belong on another sub-forum, but i am not closed to considering other sources. I just would really rather use my computer. I had a nice convo with Mikhail (Singlepower)...
pm sent