or Connect

Posts by blubliss

Purk, remember that the XF4s you have are not the typical ones that were produced after XF2s.  The XF4s you have were produced before XF2s...
The SR-O are very good on the KGSSHV.
My bad driver is still making sound, just quieter and does not sound right.  I suspect that all the bio-cellulose drivers will go bad eventually...
Not sure why the other driver went bad.  I did remove the white cap from the back and looked at the driver material.  It was distorted, but it was still bad even after I tried to put it back to its original shape.  I was hopeful for a bit when I saw the distortion so hooked the drivers back up but it was a no go.     My guess is that something happened with the bio-cellulose material.  This pair came to me from England and I wonder if the air travel did not help?  It...
R10 Driver Repair Info:   This past weekend I removed a driver from one pair of R10s and put it into another to make one working pair.  The second pair got CD3000 drivers installed.   If I had known what I am going to tell you now, the process would have been safer.  The most dangerous part of working on R10s is in removing the drivers from the housing.  There is a great chance of ripping the hair-like voice coil wire.  Luckily, on the 2 drivers I have removed, this...
well said...
they do not
@spritzer   ...I think you need to send me one of your "good" 007s because I don't like mine...
The 007 is rolled off on the top end so masks poor recordings unlike the 009.  Some people prefer this type of mush, spritzer  .
Yes, now we all need three amps to drive the 009 properly...