Posts by blubliss

Not sure why the other driver went bad.  I did remove the white cap from the back and looked at the driver material.  It was distorted, but it was still bad even after I tried to put it back to its original shape.  I was hopeful for a bit when I saw the distortion so hooked the drivers back up but it was a no go.     My guess is that something happened with the bio-cellulose material.  This pair came to me from England and I wonder if the air travel did not help?  It...
R10 Driver Repair Info:   This past weekend I removed a driver from one pair of R10s and put it into another to make one working pair.  The second pair got CD3000 drivers installed.   If I had known what I am going to tell you now, the process would have been safer.  The most dangerous part of working on R10s is in removing the drivers from the housing.  There is a great chance of ripping the hair-like voice coil wire.  Luckily, on the 2 drivers I have removed, this...
well said...
they do not
@spritzer   ...I think you need to send me one of your "good" 007s because I don't like mine...
The 007 is rolled off on the top end so masks poor recordings unlike the 009.  Some people prefer this type of mush, spritzer  .
Yes, now we all need three amps to drive the 009 properly...
Sorry, waiting on payment now...
Offering here my Eddie Current Balancing Act #26 which was purchased by me mid 2010 directly from EC. This is a PX4/300B model with an RK27 pot and partial silver transformer upgrade.   Reason for sale is that I have too many amps and have gone all DIY at this point.   The unit is in excellent condition, found a few minor scuffs on the paint around the amp section (pictured).  Those are very hard to see. I would say the unit is an 8/10.   The PS does buzz...
Offered here are my Sony MDR-R10s.  These have been re-cabled to balanced with a 4-pin termination.  The company who did the job was SinglePower but I have had no issues.  The cable is a bit stiff, but manageable.  It is 12 ft. long.  The stiffness of the cable probably caused the strain relief to crack near the phones (see pics).  The cable is supposedly some kind of silver, space grade stuff.   There are also a few blemishes as you can see from the...