Posts by blubliss

Telefunkens
rockin' the EL60s right now
XF4s
I could definitely be wrong, the guy I bought 6 quads from said these are holland made double d getter late 50's 1st version XF4 made prior to the series restart with XF2.Trying to upload a pic but not working so far...
but, but, doesn't tissue paper protect things...so stupid.
Purk, remember that the XF4s you have are not the typical ones that were produced after XF2s.  The XF4s you have were produced before XF2s...
The SR-O are very good on the KGSSHV.
My bad driver is still making sound, just quieter and does not sound right.  I suspect that all the bio-cellulose drivers will go bad eventually...
Not sure why the other driver went bad.  I did remove the white cap from the back and looked at the driver material.  It was distorted, but it was still bad even after I tried to put it back to its original shape.  I was hopeful for a bit when I saw the distortion so hooked the drivers back up but it was a no go.     My guess is that something happened with the bio-cellulose material.  This pair came to me from England and I wonder if the air travel did not help?  It...
R10 Driver Repair Info:   This past weekend I removed a driver from one pair of R10s and put it into another to make one working pair.  The second pair got CD3000 drivers installed.   If I had known what I am going to tell you now, the process would have been safer.  The most dangerous part of working on R10s is in removing the drivers from the housing.  There is a great chance of ripping the hair-like voice coil wire.  Luckily, on the 2 drivers I have removed, this...