Posts by blubliss

With the new Amplitrex AT1000 tube tester in house, it’s time to release a bunch of extra tubes for which I have too many and will never be able to use in one lifetime (and to recoup some of the cost of this beast).   Most of these got tested in both the Amplitrex and the Balancing Act, but not all.  I can send test results via email if requested.  I tried to match by Gm first then also by plate current, which is a bit more hit & miss, and not many sellers do...
I use the HD600 with an external amp with my Realiser (AIX) and love it.
The HD800 sounds excellent on the BA, IMO, not sure what he means by under-powered.  There is plenty of power in the amp.    They sound different on the balanced Dynahi (which is very powerful), but not necessarily better.
I did a measurement at a local dealer's place in Los Angeles for free.
Why don't you read through the thread first, most of these questions are answered already.
  Another inaccurate statement.  You haven't even heard the amp, so why not wait to make statements until you do.   IMO, the DIY T2/009 combo is the best I have ever heard.  The 007 is great on the T2 as well but it has a darker tonality.   Arnaud said it well before when he guessed that, "a lot of this like / dislike boils down to listening level, preferred style of music".    
Thank you Jose.  Is the MENU > TAC area also where you set up the mix block you mentioned before (in your first post about this)?  I used the MIX button and did it there.  Maybe that is not active unless I press mix?   Also, what is your rolloff in the MENU> TAC>SETUP area?
So I gave this a try and it does sound better.  Just to make sure, that last variable, delay, is located in a different place than the mix block area?  I found a delay in the individual channel settings (L & R) in the preset area and changed it there.  Is that right?  The volume setting is in the mix block?   I am so used to headphone listening, I 've got to get used to this presentation.  The speakers are Sashas with Jadis amps and pre-amp.    
Thank you for this, I will give it a try sometime.
I also did a 2.0 measurement (Wilson something) and have the same issue with the bass, so I never listen to that.  I use Senn HD600, but have tried with other phones too.  I wonder if something needs to be changed with the bass settings for 2.0?  I've been meaning to ask Lorr but have not done it.