or Connect

Posts by Ishcabible

I briefly tried the Blackwood with the Protein pads and they weren't a good match to my ears. I'd give them another shot with other pads.
The Magnums are technically SR325 housings with a new driver. The Jecklins are dynamics. The Theta I think was their "budget" DAC which was a single ended version of one of their lower end DACs. The Gamma is just a DAC that I'm bringing in case something funny happens with the Theta.
I blocked out the date! My girlfriend wants to come as well. I'll have to rent a car so I'd be cool with carpooling (or if someone owns a car and wouldn't mind picking us up that'd be cool too and I'd chip in for gas). Gear (probably won't change because I'm trying not to spend much more money) ZMF Omni (though I probably don't have to bring this if Zach is coming) Symphonies Magnum V3 Lite Modded OPPO PM2 Master and Dynamic MH40 Jecklin Float Model 2 EHHA rev. A Custom...
1) 103,069 2) 102,859 3) 101,375
I'll try to come! I'll bring a ZMF Omni, modded Oppo PM2 Magnum V3, whatever else I happen to have (maybe an HD800 but most likely not since I'm cutting down on audio spending), EHHA, Theta Progeny DAC with my Mac Mini as a source, and an HM650 with a balanced card.
I feel like it's lack of venues. I definitely wouldn't be opposed to holding a smaller mini-meet style thing without the door prizes of the other meets I've been to.
As far as I know, the Assemblage DAC-1 is the same thing as the TransDac right? There's one going for $189 here: http://m.ebay.com/itm/Assemblage-Digital-Processor-DAC-1-Made-In-Usa-/141759395566 I was going to get it before an offer for a Theta came up.
I'm kind of disappointed they don't come in Columbia blue like the actual PortaPros.
Oh, it definitely has gotten way better and the really bad offenders have gotten kicked out which is the biggest reason I've stayed and contributed a lot (kind of funny seeing that mod get kicked out for pulling a Unidan). It's kind of annoying that I see a lot of content get downvoted once in a while because people don't agree though. The most recent thing is the somewhat fervent HD800 defending. I can understand why people wouldn't like it. But the most dedicated...
They're very hive minded (a lot of Reddit is) and dislike opinions that don't follow what most people think. They're also really data-centric but from what I've seen a good chunk of them don't even really understand what they're trying to present and just blindly follow Nwavguy as dogma. I post there a lot more than here because I've just gotten used to the format.