Posts by Ishcabible

I can only speak for the older/cheaper Studios. I didn't think they were very close in detail but subjectively I actually preferred the sound with a lot of music. Though if given the option, I'd easily take a Sextett. It has a much more coherent sound with less grain.
 RMC Audio has always sold new ones for $379 if you email them.
Up for sale is an HD600. I bought it new last week because I wanted to hear its synergy with my OTL. It's fantastic, but I find myself picking up the rather similar-sounding PM2 more than the HD600 so it's only gotten about two hours of use if that. It comes with all original packaging (the newer kind).   I can cover PayPal fees if you cover shipping. I'm also not really in a rush to sell them; they do sound good, but I'd rather see them be used by someone who wants them...
Yeah, the main difference between the two with regard to treble is that the Blackwood has more but the Vibro is more exciting. @Levaix, I might actually consider that offer!
Oh I don't know how I missed that I stated that. And I thought it certainly wasn't trebly, but compared to the Blackwood and MM, it's less smooth. But I do hate how sensitive I am to that peak; the HE500 would have been great for me if it weren't for its own peak. ^Man I really liked your Sig Pros.
I should add the disclaimer that I'm weirdly sensitive to that peak. The HD650 actually is boosted around that area relative to the rest of the treble as well.
Up for sale/trade is a PFR-V1. It's really interesting sounding and the more I've used it, the more I like it, but they're basically speakers and I don't get to use them much because of that. They don't come with the original box, but I have the original case, amp, and an extra pair different foams that warm the sound up a lot.   For trades, shoot me interesting offers.   I can upload more pictures tomorrow.
 Yeah, the silver ring is what differentiates the CD900 and the V6.
 The Blackwood is my preference, but the Vibro does seem to be more up your alley. Actually, just email Zach and tell him your concerns with the HE500.
Eh, when I read tight, I tend to think snappy therefore not really that strong. T50RPs are planars like the HE500. It's kind of hard to compare the HE400 to the Mad Dogs. The Mad Dogs are rather warm sounding with relaxed treble, so you might find them to be a bit veiled. The HE400's treble peak makes them sound a lot more exciting. You should also take a look at the ZMF stuff; I tend to prefer it to the Mad/Alpha Dogs. It's not a superiority thing, just a preference thing.