Posts by p a t r i c k

Hi Thank you for telling me about your experiences with these headphones. I find the AKG K845BT to be of interest because I really like my AKG K550 headphones and the AKG K845BT looks to be of a similar design. The first priority is signal strength because of the particular use I have is for use when doing housework. I like to watch TV programs on my MacBook Pro but I need to go into other rooms all the time, and with the very cheap Sandstrom headphones I have they lose...
 Mac users?
 Have you any experience of the signal strength of these headphones?
I think that usually "Burn In" is more in the mind of the user than it is in the equipment.   If I were you I would just use the RS180 headphones as normal. If they improve in some way over time then they will do so with normal use.
 Thank you tinyman392 for this suggestion. I am checking out the Harman Kardan BT headphones now. I see that in the UK they are £219 which is do-able for me. Also I could get them from Amazon which would let me have 30 days of trial. My Sandstrom headphones have come back to life since I posted my original enquiry, however I find the fact that they lose signal when going into the next room in my house to be so limiting that I think I am interested in the Harman Kardon BT...
For some time I've been using a pair of Sandstrom SBTHP11X bluetooth headphones with my MacBook Pro. The sound quality from these is basic but I use them when watching TV programmes and doing a bit of housework at the same time. They are fine for dialogue. The headphones have died all of a sudden. I will need to replace them, but when replacing them I would like a much better signal strength than they have if that is possible. These Sandstrom headphones lose the signal if...
 I created my first Hi Fi system in the 70s and I have listened to music through many Hi Fi systems and headphones from then until now. I also love to listen to music live of course. Today I listen to classical music almost exclusively and I have a love of the impressionists, best known being Debussy and Ravel. I mention this because impressionism is really a great "hi fi" listen as well as being truly marvellous music. I am very capable of assessing and enjoying music...
I am very much looking forward to reading reviews of the AKG K812 Pro headphones. I think it is very good to discuss and analyse the design from what we know. However I am amazed at how people draw conclusions about how these headphones might sound based on some diagrams.   I would be very wary of complaints that the design does not look sophisticated enough. With headphones as with many audio components great designs can look very simple indeed.
I'm delighted to see the B&W P7 headphones. In August I purchased a pair of P5s and in fact I wrote a review here about ten days after the purchase. However two months later I think I would write an even better review than the one I originally wrote.   The P5 headphones are not the best headphones I've ever had, not in absolutely strict Hi Fi terms, but they are, probably, the most useful. There are two things that are just great about them, the first is that they sound...
I think something that is distinctive about The Beatles is how they popularised the idea of dropping out for british youth.   The Beatles did not invent dropping out but they did communicate to a great many british youths that this was a good thing to do.   If The Beatles has never existed I think that there would still have been british youths dropping out and experimenting with alternative lifestyles, but it would not have been as widespread.   The other great...