or Connect

Posts by mamba315

I always thought these were referred to as 2.2 (or Rev. B).  Whatever the nomenclature, they are the first revision of the LCD-2 with the thinner drivers and more detail, but pre fazor.  Apologies if this has confused anyone.
Listed for sale are my AKG K7XX headphones in mint condition.  They have been treated very well in a smoke free house, and I cannot find any defects whatsoever.  I am the original owner, and they will ship to the buyer in the original box.  Overall, a fantastic headphone for the price.   Only $165 shipped CONUS.  If paying via Paypal, we'll split the fee (+1.5% for the buyer).  Thanks for looking, and please let me know if you have any questions.
I am selling my Audeze LCD-2.1 (with Rev.2 drivers, pre fazor model) in very nice condition.  I am the original owner and they have been treated carefully in a smoke free home.  They will ship in the original wooden box which is no longer used by Audeze due to its cost.  They also come with all original documents including the frequency response graph (see pictures), as well as the original wood oil and polishing cloth.   Condition wise, the headphones are very nice as...
If you get a chance, I'm curious if the balanced amp is intended to offer higher sound quality for all phones, or simply more power for the HE6/K1000 crowd?
Does anyone know about the flagship head amp? Is it a real product in development or just a silly rumor?
Does anyone know about this? I backed the balanced IEM and SS HPA, but can I use them together? Would be really lame if I couldnt.
I'm still interested in the Audience Ones despite having the KEF's. They are intended for slightly different things though. I think the Ones are designed for near field and have lower power handling. The KEF's can easily be used for medium and far field listening in bigger spaces. The KEF's seem to sound best at medium volume. Im theorizing the Ones might do better at low volume. All a matter of your space and sonic priorities.
Picked up a pair of these KEF's while I wait for a more expensive speaker to be made.  First day I was ready to send them back.  The first 15 hours they sounded thin, bright, and lacked dynamic contrast.   Well after tweaking the setup a bit (still only 20 hours on them), they are starting to sound much better.  I would say that they need to be kept away from walls and other reflecting furniture/gear.  Due to the small woofer, the dispersion pattern will be fairly wide...
Time for me to downsize some of my gear.  Up for sale is a very gently used Yamaha A-S2000 from a smoke-free house.  This is an integrated stereo amp with phono stage and built-in headphone amp.  Solid as a tank, sounds like a dream, and quite nice looking as well.  You will notice there's a small scrape on the lower left corner of the front panel.  Other than that, the amp is mint. Amp will ship in it's original packaging and includes all original accessories. $1150...
Interested in this Oppo phone, but already have the Audeze LCD-2.2 so I'm not sure if its really worth the expense.   Do they use the same cable connectors?  Will an aftermarket Audeze cable work with these?