Posts by rubba

True, I came to the conclusion Ipod looks fine but the sound could be much better!
Well, I can only use the presets on my ipod ... it's ok but you can't finetune. My guess is also that an amp will fix this problem.
Good, I hope the Fiio also fixes the problem that I sometimes have when an mp3 file with already heavy bass gets distorted on my ipod ...
To Zida: I've been an apple-fan all my live ...
Well the FiiO E5 looks very interesting ... I thing I'm gonna purchase one together with the velour pads. I guess this is the best deal for me to upgrade the sound a bit and it will also ease my mind in search for the best sound a guess! I love my hd25 for it's true sound, it's isolation, sturdiness ...   thank you everybody for the interesting comments!   grtz, Jan Belgium
I checked out the Fiio amp on the net, it's a much cheaper deal than the Total Airhead. I wonder if there is a big change in soundquality with differend amp's ...
Sounds nice! I will check it out ...
Everybody,   Thank you for the clear information, it seems that there's not much things you can do to change overall sound. I might buy the velour pads though and hear what it will do. As for the cable, I guess I'm gonna leave it like it is. Anyway, the hd25 is still a good deal for me as it isolates very good.   I must ad that the sound also depends of the quality of the mp3's and also the quality of the ipod.   Loopfreak is talking about connecting an...
hello,   The hd25 is very good in blocking out external sound, i use them on the train and they do the job fine. Also the sound is decent, straightforword and what you hear is what you get... But sometimes i miss some that warm bass and a little bit of whider sound.   Is there a way to improve the sound of the hd25? By modifications or other things?   I use them on my ipod classic.   thanx, Jan 'Rubba J' C Belgium, Antwerp
Yes, I heard the hd25 is quite the best for isolation, but I've also heard that the sound is quite "monitorish" and I like headphones with a hifisound and profound bass and mids. That's why i still haven't found the perfect match for me!