Posts by MooBin

Jack told me that the gold version is out of production. So I ordered a black one, too, to compliment my new black source. The WA3+ should be coming next week
First of all thanks again to everybody for giving valuable feedbacks. This is the best forum I did participate in so far ! I went back to the dealer to demontrate the effect - and guess what: The disturbances had disappeared. No idea why. May have been a bad connection after all. So I could not make any point here. I will leave it connected to the HD650 to break it in until my WooAudio 3+ arrives and then I will make a comparison to the original stock cable. Will see...
Equalizer may only alter certain parameters, I think the cable question is more complex. As they do alter something this needs to be for "the better" - meaning they compensate for something else in the reproduction chain - if for example the preamp shows too much analytic tendencies which do sound not good to you (the listener is also part of the whole system ) then an antidote in form of the "right" interconnects may be given (without compromising on transparency). An...
Interconnects make a big difference - but it is impossîble to make absolute statements about the quality of specific ones. A general statement about tendencies how they alter the sound, however, may be given. (They always alter the sound - but they wont make a bad system sound good). The system as a whole needs to be optimized and this is always in context with the other components. I tried interconnects in my big system in a price range from 200 until more than 1500 $ for...
Just tried the Cardas replacement for my new HD650 (there is only one type I suppose). Twisting or just touching the cable a little bit firmly (while the cable is well installed and operational, mechanical effect like you would move the cable during normal listening) produced a short-circuit like sound (sound disappeares at times). I thought first this was a bad solder joint in one of the connectors, but the effect is at any place over the whole length of the cable...
First of alll thanks to everbody who left a feeedback for me. Great community ! Jack from WooAudio said (original extract from the email reply): ......If this amp will be served as a dedicated headphone amp, I would recommend the WA3+. The enhanced version improve power supply and removed the preamp circuit to achieve greater dynamic and power which would benefit all kinds of headphones........ And he adds: Your system should sound wonderful with the WA3+....
First of all greetings everyone, I am new to this forum - as I am in the filed of serious headphone applications. So please kindly excuse my newbie ignorance for this time. I am planning to order a WooAudio3 or WooAudio3+ to go with my Sennheiser HD650. I will use a Tung-Sol Cetron 7236 as a replacement power tube. The HD650 will be connected using a Cardas replacement cable. An old - although never used - Denon DVD5000 is serving as the source. Interconnects will be...