Posts by MooBin

Quote: Originally Posted by RyanJH A question for anyone (including OP) who has purchased a WA3+ in the last ~6 months. How long did it take to get to you? I was told 4 weeks, I start the 5th week on the 9th... so the estimation isn't late yet... just trying to get an idea of what I can really expect as far as wait time (and I don't want to bother them with e-mails until they really are late). I ordered the WA3+ after waiting ~2 weeks for a little...
[QUOTE=Rob T;5474239] Quote: Originally Posted by MooBin Ok, so what does "moo bin" mean? Finding out is all the fun. A hint, though: My Thai wife and me are collecting pig figures - they are all over the place (as you can see).
Quote: Originally Posted by Skylab It would be interesting to see if you used a "normal" ST/coke bottle shaped 6AS7G like the RCAs if you would still get this hum. The 7236 is actually a different tube from the 6AS7, even though it works fine in most 6AS7 amps. So I wonder if a 6AS7G would hum the way the GA's seem to. I never tried a GA in my Woo3 when I had it - but none of the 6AS7G's I used ever hummed. Skylab, I'll try when I have the...
[QUOTE=Rob T;5472130] Which Item looks slightly out of place? 1, 2, 3 or 4 ? Very well spotted ! Indeed there is an item which does not fit the scene. As you may have already noticed, it is of course item 3 The source does not live up to the standards of the amp. If you only knew what MooBin - or better "moo bin" means. That should explain the other context further. Look at the avatar, too.
Quote: Originally Posted by ManAtWork There is a UK flag icon at the upper right corner so you can switch to English page. Sorry for the inconvenience. Many thanks ManAtWork ! Yes - the flag is tiny but it is there - sorry for that I really did not notice that before. I think its an interesting offer, although the appr. 160 US$ is per piece ! Too much for me at the moment
Reporting day 4: Optimizing the power situation further and trying new GAS7GA Burn in time so far: approx. 38 hours (about 67h for the Senns) The new 6AS7GA did arrive (1960 NOS) and I swapped the 7236 with a new 6AS7GA. Although this tube is very most probably from a different production lot as the original supplied with the amp, the hum previously noted was immediately back (see reporting day 1 & 2). This leads me to think that this type of tube is generally...
Quote: Originally Posted by ManAtWork See this...but very expensive. http://www.audio.idv.tw/shop/product...roducts_id=721 Another cheaper option here. http://www.audio.idv.tw/shop/product...roducts_id=736 Thank you very much for your proposal and good intention ! I have to admit that my chinese is really bad (if not to say non existent ). NT$ is taiwanese dollars, 5000 of those would be appr. 150US$. This is not too much I believe -....
[QUOTE=glitch39;5465257]RIGHT HERE - quad, too! Thanks for your proposal ! I saw this one already on Ebay before - but I cannot decide if its any good - the values presented do mean nothing to me. I need a matched pair and preferable NOS - which this quartet is not. I do not have a tube tester, too to decide which pair is the most suitable. OK, I have ears But thanks anyway ! I will now first wait for two Sylvania 6DJ8 as Skylab suggested and I do get some ECC88...
Quote: Originally Posted by glitch39 those BB 6DJ8's can be had for less than $80 a pair. there's a lot of those floating around. prices do go up though. uurrrgh! If you tell where I can get a NOS matched low noise pair for this price I would buy it right away - I guess I would then be able to try 3 slightly different and good options (that would be it for the moment then) - but anyway - I do not think they are floating around as you say - spend...
Quote: Originally Posted by Skylab I do think the JAN Sylvania 6DJ8 sounds better than the JAN Philips 6922. And I have tried them both. Thank you very much for your advice ! I did order exactly as you suggested: a matched pair JAN Sylvania 6DJ8 with Tubedepot. Strange that you may only select "matched" OR "low noise & microphonics" as an testing option and not both. But I couldn't keep me from trying some low noise 6DJ8 Philips Holland NOS...