Posts by MooBin

Quote: Originally Posted by uberburger101 You're not the only one. It should really juice up those Senns and Beyers. The sad thing is that nobody will ever be able to try them all out - it makes me wonder how they sound if they look that good (could skip the espresso machine though). By the way... is anyone aware of the price for an Audio Note Gakuon ? To my knowlege, only about 25 were made and they were priced at around US$ 500'000.-- (that...
Quote: Originally Posted by cswann1 Going with C. But I'll have to hear them myself first, and I won't pay $1400. I expect them to come down to around $1000 after some time, and even then, I'll likely look for a used pair for around $750-$800. Oh....and someone will have to make a HD800 smiliey first Exactly ! It is C) for me, too. I agree with all your comments altough I would buy them only new, ..but for less than US$ 1400.-- only and if...
For those who are interested: Both "Stereo" and "Stereoplay" published a short review in their latest issues (4/2009), "Audio" (affiliated with "Steroplay as far as I know) has announced that it will publish a test of AKG K-702 (!) vs. Grado GS-1000i vs. Sennheiser HD800 in the next issue of April 2009.
Amen to that. BREAKING NEWS: Amperex survived fall from about 1 m on wooden floor ! May it still live a long and tasty life !
Reporting day 5: Some serious tube rolling starts: Shootout #1 Burn in time so far: approx. 63 hours (about 93h for the Senns) I had the following 3 pairs of driver tubes at my disposition apart from the standard stock Philips ECG JAN 6922 USA - which were already quite acceptable by the way: 1. Sylvania 6DJ8 1978 NOS 2. Philips ECC88 Holland "A" frame getter 1975 NOS 3. Amperex Bugle Boy ECC88 Holland "D" getter 1959 NOS (could not resist to try those -...
Forgot to mention: NOS that is (was ?)
Quote: Originally Posted by Fairbanks Dropped a Sylvania 2C51 and 12 hours later it was as white as a ghost on the inside. Scary. I hope mine stays with me - it was - oh, no - is a Amperex Bugle Boy 1959 D getter. Survived the past 50 years.
Quote: Originally Posted by goorackerelite My next step in audio is power supply issues. Would I benefit more from getting a power conditioner or an upgraded power cable? The wiring in my house is pretty old, but I do no hear any hum or noise coming from the power. If your wallet allows that - go for a PS Audio Power Plant. I have one of the first series (gets crazy hot - had to open it up and and place it "bottom up" while installing a digital...
While trying to exercise utmost care in transporting some of my precious 6DJ8 I still manged to drop one today. It fell from about 1 m to my hard wooden floor. However it did not seem to be harmed at all and does perfom well with the amp right now. Has somebody experience dropping a tube and if yes - how was the result ? Hope I may be lucky and nothing happened. How much of a chance for this ? If it has not an immediate effect what may I expect in the long run and how...
Quote: Originally Posted by RyanJH I may have jumped the gun a bit, but I already ordered some tubes for it from tubeworld (fast shipping btw): JAN-5998 Tungsol, 1967 6DJ8 Amperex Holland 1975 (matched pair) I was mainly going off the conversations held in this thread: http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f5/woo...olling-375119/ A nice shielded powercord is on the way (but nothing too crazy, < $60), and I already bought some nice interconnects to go...