Posts by MooBin

Reporting day 8: Tube rolling continued Burn in time so far: do not recall anymore - but "sufficient" in any case Before I comment on the tube rolling - I will let you know about the test of two gadgets I tried: 1. The use of a termination plug for the digital input on my source and 2. An "audiophile fuse" which I put into the source as well. For 1: Using a termination plug does absolutely not yield any results in my setup - but I do not recall if I disabled the...
Quote: Originally Posted by BIG POPPA I just sent payment for a Woo 3+ severely modified. OK from the top I ordered the Teflon tube sockets upgrade, Blackgates upgrade, FI-03 Rhodium FURUTECH , and the WBT panel mount RCA's, Have many audio grade fuses and a few power cables. Now what tubes to order? Any Suggestions? Oh yes: 5998 Tungsol 1963 plus two Philips ECC88 Holland "A" frame getter 1975 is my suggestion. Maybe you would like to...
My Woo WA3+ is as quiet as it can ever get. However, with the standard 6AS7GA there is hum in abundance ! Use a 5998 or 7236 instead and it gets dead quiet and performs wonderfully.
Quote: Originally Posted by Johnnie Folks, hopefully, these images come through. My first time posting pictures so you never know what's going to happen. Enjoy! Johnnie How about the sound of it ? Could be tempted to try a STAX with proper amplification and possibly a Pawel Headphone processor (and a source exactly in the range that you have) if I survive the swine flu during my upcoming holidays and would be blessed with some additional...
Quote: Originally Posted by cosmopragma For most members it might be impossible to audition it. The german distributor for instance apparently doesn't even offer the headphone specific analogue diffuse field/crossfeed processors, but only the speakers. BTW, do you know what those boxes do approximately cost in Switzerland? I have a pricelist dated "since November 2004", and this one says CHF 2'300.-- for the HP-1 MK3 Headphone Processor - I...
May I draw your attention to the Pawel Acoustics Headphone Processor HP-1 ? I am actually a bit surprised that I did not come across this unit in any of the posts I read here. Just have a look: Pawel Acoustics It is manufactured by a small Swiss manufacturer (Pawel Acoustics) and I had the pleasure to audit the unit once with a STAX SR-303 and its binaural mode was absolutely stunning ! Now they are working on a unit for the Senn HD-800 ! When I was listening to...
Quote: Originally Posted by Skylab Thanks! For me, for sure, if we had just a wee bit less treble, and a wee bit more bass, my credit card would have already been charged Some options: All HD800 users return their phones with a little card saying: "Please add a bit more bass and substract a bit more treble. Thank you." Or we march united towards the SENN premises with transparents saying "More Bass, less treble" while singing this mantra in...
Many many thanks for this really exeptional work in many aspects from you, Skylab ! Credible and sensitive ! As a conclusion this makes me hope for a Mark 2 Version with more bass and less exposed treble - this would be it then, or not ? Why not dreaming about this one - SENNHEISER to the rescue ! And then we have it: the almost perfect Headphone - or not ?
Quote: Originally Posted by xiaobao0707 Seems that I should get a pair of HD-600 to compare with my beloved HD-650. You most probably cannot resist then Once the desire has taken the cepter then there is no turning back - sooner or later But you might spare the money if you can resist My HD650 with Moon Audio Silver Dragon Cable is by far superior over my old 600 using a Woo WA3+ preferably with Tungsol 1963 and with Philips ECC88 Holland "A"...
Quote: Originally Posted by HeatFan12 Imageshack.us works well. When you upload your pic, click on image details and you'll see several links. Copy and paste the "direct" link into your message using the "insert image" (mountain icon) in your message....Then preview it and should be fine. Just make sure in imageshack the resize option is not ticked.... Thank you HeatFan12. Next time I will have something interesting to post I'll try Imageshack.us