Posts by MooBin

Reporting day 9: Tube rolling decision and summary First of all let me summarize the last tube rolling shootout: This was really a difficult one. I did concentrate on combination 3 vs. combination 5 (see last post). To cut it short: combination 3 has a more overall balanced sound with better mids (vocals !) and a very good lowend, but nevertheless combination 5 has definitely a better resolution (example: better definition of the shimmering of cymbals etc.): But the...
Total entries: 195 **Entry Level: 81 Audio-GD Compass (4) Audiotailor Jade (3) AudioTrak imAmp(1) Aune DAC/amp (1) AV123 x-head (1) Bravo Audio (2) C & C XO (1) Corda Headfive (1) Darkvoice 336SE (2) Darkvoice THA332 (1) Decware Zen Head (1) Eddie Current EC/SS (1) Elekit TU-882 (2) FiiO E5 (2) Gilmore Lite (3) Headamp Pico(2) Head Direct EF1 (3) Head Direct EF2 (2) Heed CanAmp (1) Hotaudio RM-1 (1) HotAudio Thunderbolt II (1) HotAudio Thunderbolt...
.....but now my nice WA3+ entry is lost. Handling problem that is..while updatîng someone else is, too and then the quicker one wins.
Quote: Originally Posted by ezzieyguywuf Well gee, I KNOW I bolded it :-P lol. Sure you did. As the sucessing poster I put that back to normal and bolded MY entry - with the intention to highlight the change to your former post. Seems to be a serious handling problem here or I simply made a mistake. Maybe the next poster may correct the list in the proper fashion since I might have made it not correctly (used "quote" instead of copying the...
Total entries: 195 Quote: Originally Posted by ezzieyguywuf **Entry Level: 81 Audio-GD Compass (4) Audiotailor Jade (3) AudioTrak imAmp(1) Aune DAC/amp (1) AV123 x-head (1) Bravo Audio (2) C & C XO (1) Corda Headfive (1) Darkvoice 336SE (2) Darkvoice THA332 (1) Decware Zen Head (1) Eddie Current EC/SS (1) Elekit TU-882 (2) FiiO E5 (2) Gilmore Lite (3) Headamp Pico(2) Head Direct EF1 (3) Head Direct EF2 (2) Heed CanAmp (1) Hotaudio RM-1...
Listen when you are relaxed !!...and although I really like some serious cocktails - in my experience alcohol does not contribute to better hearing - quite the opposite actually. I would never try to A-B anything while drinking. And I do not think that drinks contribute to a more enjoyable listening experience either. Which does not mean I do not listen music when I get drunk
Quote: Originally Posted by Ozer Yes I hate that too... I think it's worse for you, I live in Sweden.... But it's very expensive hear in Sweden too... I pair of Grado headphones hear in Sweden costs the double of the American price.... And if I want I want to import from a country outside EU I have to pay enormous import duties... And as Sweden has the highest TAX in the world (I don't know that, but probably) I have to pay VERY much in import duties... We...
My WA3+ was delivered as expected. No complaints whatsoever.
Quote: Originally Posted by Parafeed John, The shops do all the work and get no sale. Really? How many dealers within a 50 mile of radius of London have actually got a demo pair that you can listen to? When I was shopping for a pair of HD800's - NONE! So you restrict the supply to high-end brick and mortar stores, because they can demo them and will not price cut like the online stores. Most of us don't live anywhere near a brick and mortar...
Quote: Originally Posted by KZEE I've got a Woo Audio WA3-based custom made preamp, and the other day I noticed that there was a bit of a transformer hum coming from the unit. I discovered the hum by accident... I bent down to pick something up by my equipment rack, and my while I was bent over my head was really close to the preamp and that's when I heard the hum. So I don't know if the hum has always been there and I didn't notice it, or if it's a new...