Posts by WarriorAnt

I guess when we speak of soundstaging in this thread it is mostly directed at headphones and the DAC-2's synergy with whatever headphone amps and headphones that are used in that combination.   Recently I have been assembling a 2.1 speaker rig using the W4S DAC-2 as the source end center piece and since it has the digital volume control I was going to use that feature to control the rigs volume and act as the pre amp for the rig, and why not since the digital volume...
    C1 ULTRA ANALOG XLR CABLE (1.5M PAIR) Specifications: Silver coated multi-gauge, multi-strand 99.99% OFC copper Ultra-low loss Foam Polyethylene dielectric Less than 30pf of capacitance per foot Less than 0.009 ohms of impedance per foot 100% Aluminum Mylar shielding construction Large 8mm overall size     http://www.wyred4sound.com/webapps/p/74030/117839/545310   Price includes shipping and PayPal.
Sure one person,  multiple persons get their LCD's back just a week or so ago and say they are fixed, but that still does not mean the QC issue is solved.  Safe to me would be to wait a month or so to see if this new batch has driver failures.  It has happened.  Someone in the forum recently got a new fixed LCD-3 only to have the driver fail and then when a replacement was sent that person felt that although his current LCD-3 sounded excellent it did vary in sonics from...
I don't see how anyone can know if its safe now without fear of one QC issue or another.  Simply because someone in this thread says it looks like Audeze has addressed the problem(s) doesn't give the situation more validity than a common guess.  No one really knows.
Well when I finish the listening room I'm currently working on I'd really rather be listening to my W4S DAC-2 in the end than the NuForce uDAC.  And with or without room treatment I can definitely hear the difference between the two immediately. There's more to a DAC than error correction. A flat 2 dimensional unfocused sound stage from something like the $125 NuForce uDAC will never have the degree of finesse or the precise 3D soundstage and imaging of the W4S DAC-2 no...
What's this? The V200 can be rewired?     I never talk much to dealers about gear so I must have missed this part of the V200 experience.  
This is good advice  but in the end result will suffer.  While the acoustics in every room are very important to the overall sonics, the room can slowly be updated acoustically as needed and sonically deciphered,  whereas the $100 DAC cannot, its performance will be fixed according to its ability and then when you are done acoustically treating the room (and the room may not need $1000 of treatment) the $100 DAC will still sound like a $100 DAC.    Garbage in garbage out,...