Posts by Shark_Jump

Quote: Originally Posted by Pio2001 Hello, I've got a lot of examples. What would you like to hear ? An overcompressed track ? With more bass because of the boom-boom hype ? Less bass because the compression killed them ? A properly remastered one, with just some soft limiting and tonal balance adjustement ? A terrible analog tape restoration, while the original CD sounded good ? A song that doesn't suffer from overcompression ?... Well if you...
Ahh thats better, Hilarious!
Quote: Originally Posted by Head Injury He cryos his own cables Are you joking or being serious? Are cool temps meant to help a cables SQ? Is this proven scientifically? Perhaps it would be good for audiophiles to live in the Arctic Circle. I think I am losing touch with reality as well. Can someone post a graph of something, anything, quickly please!
Quote: Originally Posted by immtbiker My point is, that as long as you use a mostly-pure cable that doesn't impede electron flow, and allow refrigerators and and AC cables to cancel out imortant signal flow, it is going to sound better than a cable choked with impurities, that allow outside waveforms into the signal path. Dear immtbiker, Could you elaborate on your reference to a refrigerator? Is this a new way to cool your valve amps?
Curtis Mayfield, Legend, RIP. YouTube - Curtis Mayfield - Superfly This dude is baaad. and he ain't just Fly, He's Superfly, yeah! Issac Hayes (RIP Legend) Shaft and Tough Guys (I got this original soundtrack album). http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L2cHk...aynext_from=ML YouTube - Kill Bill 2 Soundtrack - Three Tough Guys I just found clip of him and band scoring the movie 'Shaft', live in the studio, check it out, unbelievable .. YouTube - Isaac Hayes scores Shaft film...
Quote: Originally Posted by leeperry it's funny you should mention "tight", because I've collected a number of rare groove compilations over time...and it's always vastly annoying when the band is not tight there's a good reason why JB was being such a PITA towards his band I think JB really got funky around 1968, but that's one of the earliest tracks I've heard w/ such a killer funky breakbeat. For me this was the Godfathers finest filmed at...
Watch this clip of Billy Preston (RIP Legend), and tell me do his moves and the riffs of the band remind you of anyone? Billy Preston 1965 YouTube - Billy Preston - Short Fat Fanny (1965) BTW He was in Little Richard's touring band when he was 14 with none other than Mr JB himself and Jimmy Hendrix. Can you imagine seeing them live!
Geno Washington (UK 60's soul legend) has been touring UK recently. He does a few James Brown covers as well as his own and him and the band are tight! You can pick up some of his gigs on youtube if you missed them. This is his Album from the 60's, gotta be one of the best names for a funk Album ever (although it was mostly soul). He also did an Album called Hipsters Flipsters and Finger Bopping Daddies. I have been wandering, what is the earliest Funk song? I guess...
What I omitted to say was on the first day in April I actually soldered together two 2ft length wires from fuses. It does make a huge improvement to the sound, I am feeling a big PRAT. It is obvious why this has happened as I have soldered 24 fuses together in series, the benefits of audiophile fuses will have increased by 24X. I am going to try directional fuses next, does anyone know where I can get some in bulk at a reasonable price? Do they all have to face the same...
Quote: Originally Posted by nick_charles and how many of these demonstrations have been conducted using strict controls to eliminate human bias and expectancies. ? In another thread a listener speaks about lossless vs lossy and how he knew that lossy was audibly different but that when tested rigorously he cannot tell the difference on many tracks, yet he still thinks it is different when listening sighted even though he rationally accepts that he cannot...