Posts by Shark_Jump

I don't think many people would catagorise Maroon 5 as Funk in any shape or form. I least I hope not. Perhaps if they went on holiday with Funkadelic and took mind altering drugs for 6 months something interesting might happen. There was a movement in the UK around 1990 called Acid Jazz, bands like Galiano, Brand New Heavies, Jamiroqai. With hindsight most of it was fairly light jazz soul, the sort of background music they play in boutique cloths stores and coffee...
The Cables Forum bans discussion of DBT. For the reasons given below. 'We do this not because DBT is or is not an legitimate means for decision-making. Rather, in our experience we find that these discussions repeatedly break down rather quickly into nasty circular arguments by competing camps of true believers. We've come to the conclusion that there's no particularly worthwhile end to be served by this line of discussion, and as such we're asking that the...
delete
Thanks Pio, excellent work to find a remaster. I have had a listen for a few times. I nearly blew my ear drums out the first time I played the second version. That is a huge increase in loudness. I agree with your comments. With the second version it feels like their are no musical pauses, everything is more up front, in your face and fighting for attention. However I do find it difficult to compare details, I think this may have to do with the song itself as it is quite...
Quote: Originally Posted by JaZZ How do I convince people that audio cables DO NOT make a difference? Quote: Originally Posted by aimlink I wish more here would say 'chances are'. It would calm things down a lot more. Chances are you can never convince those cable boys they may be experiencing a placebo I think I need another graph. My head is starting to hurt.
Sorry aimlink, I'm not quite sure what you are saying, I will have a go but apologies in advance if I misinterpret you. Quote: Originally Posted by aimlink Science is everything about interpreting what we observe either passively or through experimentation. Interpreting anything we observe is quite subjective. Thats just plain wrong. Are you saying we cannot measure an observation? Quote: Originally Posted by aimlink We are...
Quote: Originally Posted by Pio2001 Ok, I'm looking at it tonight CET. Looking forward to it. Quote: Originally Posted by leeperry well, they still pursue old war criminals...when they were just following orders, so maybe it's the studio guys fault after all but again and again, the market forces the record companies to compress their music to death...it's not a wise *ss mastering engineer that decides to kill the music on his...
Quote: Originally Posted by JadeEast Act now and we'll throw in another jazz funk great with a touch of flute for no extra cost. YouTube - Donald Byrd and the Blackbyrds- Rock Creek Park I never realised that track was released in 1975, it is way ahead of its time, it sounds more like early 80's jazz funk. For better or for worse, everyone else in '75 was getting into the disco thing.
Welcome, don't worry there is more culture on top of a yogurt. I'm sure no one will argue that the enjoyment of your music is an entirely subjective experience. but this is the sound science forum. how much subjectivity went into designing the circuit layouts in your system? These were done by hairy arsed electrical designers/engineers sitting in front of a computer screen with a calculator. Watts, Farads, Ohms, Voltage, Current. Designing to a spec. Science is not...
Quote: Originally Posted by JadeEast Another funky soundtrack. YouTube - Roy Ayers - Coffy is the Color - Coffy Sndtrk Thats nice, it reminds me of a favorite of mine, The Bottle by Gill Scott Heron, Pure class, that flute is just awesome. Doesn't seem to have aged at all. YouTube - Gil Scott-Heron - The Bottle This is a fantastic piece of funk. Lee Dorsey (and the Meters?) - Give it up YouTube - Lee Dorsey - Give It Up I have a great...