Posts by Shark_Jump

Quote: Originally Posted by Leny As for racks... it's all about vibration being passed to the equipment. The vibration comes from the loudspeaker / sound wave. Some racks pass more vibration, some less. Some equipment is susceptible to vibration, and some not. Sure, I understand this is the 'consensus' opinion for the reason a rack makes a difference, but has this reason been experimentally determined as a fact? The reason I say that is...
Quote: Originally Posted by Prog Rock Man I have also flicked through issues testing racks, yes different racks make a difference I have to say I am sceptical of this. Do you have a link to their testing procedure? Are the testers independent? This is a What HiFi review of an equipment rack, there are others like it if you care to take a look. Quadraspire Sunoko Vent T Equipment rack review - from the experts at whathifi.com 'Our test rig really...
Great version of superstition. I prefer the original Black Belt Jones, I think that is my ultimate (Non JB) up tempo funk track. Was just browsing through you tube and came across Betty Jones. One Funky chick. Like a cross between Grace Jones and Macy Grey. YouTube - betty davis - hangin'out in hollywood
Jazz, Do you agree that cable frequency response is effectively flat across ALL frequencies from 0 HZ (DC) to at least 100KHz, and for amps this not the case. This point is extreamly significant as it is why cables are so controversial when a claim of a sound 'signature' is claimed for a cable. Quote: Originally Posted by JaZZ 'When you're talking of roll-offs: what dB values do you have in mind? And what values do you consider relevant for...
Quote: Originally Posted by JaZZ But think of amps: The signal differences among them are minuscule, below any accepted hearing threshold, yet there are significant differences not even disputed by many objectivists (after all sonic differences caused by amps are more plausible than those from cables). Jazz, I am afraid your premise is very wrong. If you look in any respectable Hi Fi mag, Im sure you have some around your home, when they test...
Also a couple of more mellow funk soul classics Tavares She's gone YouTube - TAVARES-SHES GONE CLASSIC 70S SOUL Blackbyrds 'Walking in Rythym' - This is also on the Semipro movie soundtrack on Amazon, another great selection on this CD. Other great songs by the group through the years include 'Unfinished Buisiness' and 'Rock Creek Park'. YouTube - The Blackbyrds - Walking in Rhythm
I would like to say a big funk up to a couple of movie soundtracks I've heard recently. The first is the CD to the movie 'Superbad'. The band for the soundtrack include Bootsy Collins and a few other old JB's. Songs include some good reproduction on some old school funk soul from Curtis Mayfield, The Bar Kays and Jean Night. Amazon.com: Superbad: Lyle Workman: Music Here is some more Bar Kays stuff not on the movie: Son of Superbad, this guitar riff was heavily sampled...
Quote: Originally Posted by BIG POPPA We are talking about cables. You pick the right ones they will make your rig sing. How can you measure something that sounds good to you? How do you measure the value a song that makes your toes tap? The point that I was making is that with cables there are qualities you can't measure but they sure make you happy. Big Poppa, I am thinking of making my own cable. Do you know how I can give it these mysterious...
Quote: Originally Posted by JohnFerrier Looks like Patrick is going to hold on to his "$50,000" power cord. Reserve not met at $1275.00 on AudiogoN (just ended). Thanks for the link to Patrick's posts. The thread about his rabbits eating his power chord us the funniest I have ever seen. Does anyone know why he has been banned?
Ha ha, after those flashbacks to the swinging 60's I had to post this theme song. Joe 90 (By Gerry Anderson who did Thunderbirds) YouTube - Joe 90 It was played as a bit of a novelty record on the UK Northern Soul 80's revival scene.