or Connect

Posts by Shark_Jump

Thanks for the all the advice. Can anyone recommend a DAC for $400US? Looking for analogue richness but digital detail? Its a bit of a revelation to me that the DAC route is the way to go (as opposed to purchasing a CDP). Although it makes perfect logic to me, I asked the question due to the fact it does not appear to be a 'high street' option with the major brands. It should be as the market out there would be huge. Please note I am only considering low/mid range...
Thanks Panda, could you elaborate what you consider as mediocre transport? Surely the transport on any mainstream $100 DVD player would be satisfactory? Most DAC's >$300 can overcome jitter in the PCM signal anyway. Why are so many DAC's not worthwhile? Were these recommended and didn't suit your system? I am looking for a more analogue but still detailed sound and have a budget of $500US. The reason I originally asked the question is I have $500US to spend on getting...
I have a question that I have been getting conflicting answers to and would appreciate some expert opinion. My Cambridge Audio 640C v2 has broken. Whilst contemplating getting a new CD player I considered an alternative option, which is to use the coaxial output from my blue ray player as the input to a stand alone DAC. I have spoken to two dealers, one agrees with me wholeheartedly and recommends the Cambridge Audio DacMagic. Another didn't make much sense and told...