Posts by WilCox

Just received my HDVD 800 yesterday and I've got a question for other HDVD 800 owners.   Does the S/PDIF RCA jack on the back panel seem very loose on yours?  It seems that this jack is not attached to the back panel, only being secured to the PC board without additional support.  When trying to insert a tight RCA cable, the jack retreats a bit into the cabinet.  I'm not sure whether this is a problem with my particular unit or if this is something that was overlooked in...
11/15/2014 - Gungnir is sold.  Mjolnir is still available.  See separate listing in Amplification for Sale.   Offering my Schiit stack for sale as a complete package.  This is an excellent reference system, but I have to pare down my number of systems so the $3,600 Bryston system stays and the $1,640 Schiit stack goes.  I am the original purchaser of these components and they were purchased directly from Schiit.  Both pieces are as new, in perfect mechanical, cosmetic...
11/15/2014 -  Gungnir is Sold.  Mjolnir is still available.     Offering my Schiit stack for sale as a complete package.  This is an excellent reference system, but I have to pare down my number of systems so the $3,600 Bryston system stays and the $1,640 Schiit stack goes.  I am the original purchaser of these components and they were purchased directly from Schiit.  Both pieces are as new, in perfect mechanical, cosmetic and sonic condition.    Both pieces include...
I'm offering these gently used Sennheiser Momentum over-ear headphones for sale.  These have had very little use -- I'm guessing less than 10 hours.  I find them too bass heavy for my taste, but I'm sure others will enjoy their tonal balance.  I am the original owner and I purchased them earlier this year from Full Compass here in Madison, Wisconsin. Headphones are in excellent shape with an Audiogon rating of 9/10.  Includes all original packaging, paperwork, cables,...
 Sorry to hear about your problem.  Hopefully, they'll be repaired and back to you soon.  Audeze seems to be very good at taking care of their customers. I was wandering if others have received any feedback from Audeze regarding the suspected "root cause" of the failures -- i.e. either production related, such as driver failure (open trace), connector wiring (cold solder joint) etc., or user related, such as overdriving beyond their power rating, DC voltage due to amp...
 Great to hear that the Primes provide a high return for the additional cash outlay.  It terms of SOTA headphones, the Primes are relatively inexpensive.  If their musical satisfaction/dollar is = or > than that of the A-Dogs, then I may put these on my short list!  Thanks for posting your findings John.
I'm a fan of Porcupine Tree as well and feel the A-Dogs totally deliver the goods. No intent to upgrade to the Primes as I've gone down that path before and felt I've exceeded the point of diminishing returns. Sold 2 pair of Stax Omegas and amps a while back feeling that my well-amped LCD-2 filled the bill just fine. Same with HD 650 vs HD 800. Too much increase in resolution exposes the recording's nasties and destroys the illusion.
The LCD 3 is certainly different but not necessarily better, since that's a matter of preference and sonic priorities to each individual. Suggest you move on to the LCD 3 treads if you don't enjoy the LCD 2.
We all hear differently, it seems.  I find the Alpha Dog to be an excellent complement to my LCD2.2 through the Mjolnir.
  Having just received mine this week, I can confirm this to be true.  As others have stated, a more robust cable would be preferred but the current cable works just fine.