or Connect

Posts by WilCox

Downsizing for retirement and selling my Audeze LCD-2F in Caribbean Rosewood.  I am the original owner and have all packaging, manuals and accessories.  Purchased in February 2015 from Music Direct.  Condition is flawless with no scratches or blemishes, rating a 9/10 only due to being more than 1 year old.    Includes: 2.5m 1/4in to dual 4-pin mini-XLR cable 3.5mm to 1/4in stereo adapter Professional travel case   Add $40 for optional Audeze brand balanced...
Downsizing for retirement and selling my Bryston BDA-2 (and BHA-1 listed separately).  I am the original owner and have all packaging, manuals and accessories.  Note: This unit was purchased from Audio Advisor in June 2014 as "Factory Refreshed - Original-condition items repackaged by the manufacturer".  Having purchased other Bryston products, it looked just like a new unit in original factory packaging.  Condition is flawless with no scratches or blemishes, rating a 9/10...
Downsizing for retirement and selling my Bryston BHA-1 (and BDA-2 listed separately).  This is the current model with XLR preamp outputs.  I am the original owner and have all packaging, manuals and accessories.  Condition is flawless with no scratches or blemishes, rating a 9/10 only due to being more than 1 year old.  I purchased this unit in September 2012 from a local authorized Bryston dealer, so there are over 16 years remaining on the 20-year warranty.   I will...
 It's definitely a matter of personal preference regarding which DAC is the best match for HD650/Valhalla 2, but for me, I can't think of a better match than the Bifrost multibit.  A wonderful synergy with HD6XX and HD800.  The whole is greater than the sum of the parts.
 I owned a CEtrance DACmini for about a year and finally sold it since I felt it lacked ultimate transparency and seemed to be somewhat soft in the upper treble region.  Not so with the Deckard.  I would not call the Deckard bright though.  It seems neutral, similar to my reference DACs (BelCanto DAC3 and Bryston BDA-2).
 I sold my BCL long ago, so never had the chance to compare.  I like the Deckard very much.  It has more power, greater headroom than the BCL and, from memory, is smoother and more musical than the BCL.  It's a great match for both the LCD series as well as the Sennheiser HD800.  The fact that it has a good built in USB DAC and sells for $699 makes it a bargain compared to the BCL.
Beautiful!.  Excellent craftsmanship.
 Thank you!
 Note that with my HD 800, I prefer the Schiit Bifrost Multibit and Valhalla 2 (or Woo WA2 or HDVA 600) to the Deckard which tames the HD800's treble aggressiveness which can be over the top, especially in poorly mastered recordings.
 I also have a Schiit Bifrost Multibit and Valhalla 2.  While the Schiit combo is very good (and should be for $950), I prefer the Deckard for both its sonic signature (or lack thereof) and its ability to drive planar headphones in a great one-piece solution with no hassles.  A Deckard / LCD-2 combo is a "poor man's" reference system for music lovers that will take a lot more cash outlay to get a significant improvement.  Once you start going down the rabbit hole of...