or Connect

Posts by WilCox

The CCK works great playing 24/96 files via FLAC Player.
 I would respectfully disagree with your statements.  Received my Jotunheim with DAC yesterday and I am quite pleased.  While I haven't done a direct comparison with my Bifrost Multibit, the Jotunheim + DAC has kept me very engaged in going though my music collection.  I could live with this as an end-game system and forget about upgrades, spending more time on exploring music.
 I haven't detected any difference going from version 1.05 to 1.06.  More than enough volume.
See post #83 of this thread for my brief comparison.
 I have both the QC35 and Momentum Wireless 2.0 and can attest that my QC35 has slightly lower background hiss than the Sennheiser.  Both are miles ahead of the Beat Studio Wireless, which had hiss that was very distracting to me.
That's not normal.  Mine are nearly dead silent in a quiet room.  The Beats Studio Wireless that I tried and returned had a lot of background hiss.  Not so with a properly functioning QC35.
 Just to clarify, Woo products, are made in New York, not the Pacific Rim.  Like Schiit, they have a well-earned reputation for customer care.
Waiting to hear how the new Sennheiser PXC 550 compares to the Momentum wireless and the Bose.
 It's not as simple as "high output impedance = bad" , "low output impedance = good".  This post by Jan Meier and Tyll Hertsens may provide more clarifications: http://www.innerfidelity.com/content/musings-headphone-amplifier-output-impedance#Xw44VUOHDb9iXHCB.97  I have two of Jan's earlier amps with adjustable output impedance and can verify that finding the right match with any given headphone (either high or low impedance) is not a simple rule of lower output impedance...
The amplifier sections of the HDVD 800 and HDVA 600 are identical. Purchased both and returned the HDVD 800.