Posts by Max Minimum

Generally speaking, these devices are outputting an analog signal, not 1's and 0's. There is the opportunity for error/degradation in many stages of the process. Most of the differences in sound that most people will notice generally occur, I believe, after the digital to analog conversion. There can be interference from other electrical sources (or even interference generated within the device!). There can be audible white noise (hiss). There can be an imbalance in...
Thanks. That clears it up. I'm not sure which camp I'd fall into on this, in favor of the filter or not... I've never heard the ety's. For years I've used a pair of Sony MDR-CD777's. Any idea which would maybe have the closest character to these, speaking in terms of vocal forwardness? I know these are pretty obscure nowadays, but if it helps, from what I read around here, I think my 777's probably sound more the V6's than anything else. I checked out their site...
dmt1, just for clarification... It sounds to me like you're saying that by removing the notch filter a hump in the 2-4 K range was created. Were you saying this or were you saying the hump has now been removed? Thanks. This has been a very informative thread, folks.
Thanks for the info, austonia. That boggles my mind that they don't include a case - that's just asking for people to talk trash about them penny pinching. And $40 to buy one? Well, that'll help spur the 3rd party case market...
Quote: Originally Posted by austonia cache remains at 32mb, but don't get hung up on the size of it. it's 10x more important how it's used than the size of it. Archos players had only 2mb, and the Creative Zen NX/Xtra have only 8mb, yet get equal or more playtime and have no "skipping" effect (never heard a DAP skip as a matter of fact). The gap between songs also has no correlation to cache size as far as I can tell. Karma has 16mb cache and plays...
Quote: Originally Posted by Steve999 Awesome link, BlessingX. Very educational and makes me rethink some things. Wow, that's a pretty impressive 'endorsement' of the e2's there. Based on that, and other user comments, these may be my introduction to canal phones. I'd like to see what he'd have to say about the more expensive ones as well...
Quote: Originally Posted by king896 I have a loud air conditioner about 10 feet from me, will it really effect the sound or will it just be noticable when there are silences in the music. If yours is as loud as mine is, you need closed cans at least and may be better off with canal phones, not to open up a whole other can of worms...
Quote: Originally Posted by John Reeves You cannot use the Zen so it can can be seen in Windows Explorer as an additional drive. Is that true even after you've installed Creative's software on your computer?
I don't see the ihp1xx models here. Maybe they're named differently in Korea. If so, who knows what's what? Here's the whole thing (also from bablefish) The corresponding contents admits currently the function which is a plan which we will support, there is fluctuation of the case part function where one situation occurs unavoidably The schedule could be delayed. [ The RAID schedule of iFP series firmware Ub ] * iFP-100/300/500 series UMS version...
Lindrone has pretty well said everything I wanted to say. So, I'll just add a bit. 1. Every ear modifies/filters the sound coming in, as does your entire head. 2. Everbody's ears/heads are somewhat different. This will affect fit/seal/sound signature. 3. As mentioned before, not all music is made to sound good on flat-response monitors. Some artists/producers aim to please the living room listener, some aim for the boombox crowd, some have people with...