or Connect

Posts by Max Minimum

You may want to check out the Audio-Technica ATH-CM5 Aluminum Stick Earphones. I've got the CM7's and they really sound good. These do not share drivers, however. The reviews I've read here (not many, though) and my own experience with AT make me feel confident that they're likely to be right up there at the top for earbud sound in this price range. They may have the uneven cord, though. The CM7's do. I'm in the camp that likes them, myself, though. They're really...
I've got a pair of Sony MDR-CD777's. They were my firsts. I don't remember exactly when I got them, but I think it'd have to be late '80's. They still sound very good and I listen to them several times a week. They don't look too good, though. The pads are worn through to the foam and the headband has pretty much lost all of its grip, so I wear a loosely-fitted baseball-style cap over them. Yes, it looks goofy.
Quote: Originally Posted by Edwood Have you tried those "memory foam" pillow like Tempurpedic brand? They will probably mold to the ety's better and probably push less than a standard pillow. -Ed I've got a tempurpedic pillow and they do conform to shapes, but very slowly. It'll actually transmit more force to your ear when you turn your head and the outer tip comes in contact with the pillow. To see what I mean, try slapping a...
Quote: Originally Posted by commando A900s improve with an amp. Consider cheapish buds like the Sharp MD33 for portable use (cheap but pretty good) and 580s for home use. Or the CM7s that MM said, which i've never head about but are worth investigating. btw MM can you compare those buds with other buds (Shure/EX71s would be nice) or full sized cans? I'll be writing a full review sometime this weekend. The only other 'phones I have that are...
Quote: Originally Posted by pne pithead, i've never considered earbuds. i have several pairs of cheap ones and sometimes it takes all my willpower not to grind them under my heel. mind you i have wrecked a few in a raging fit i will consider them in a future if these phones work out for me and i keep interest in head-fi. I dont really mind looking silly, I'm more about the sound, and plus i think big set of senns doesnt look to shabby in public as...
Hmm. The more I read other people's posts about earbuds, the more I think I must have smallish ears. I have no problems with the MX500's coming out. There nothing I can do, save for pulling on or badly snagging the cord, to make them come out. I'm a real headbobber, too. Also, I exercise wearing these - jumping jacks, joggin, etc. No problems.
Quote: Originally Posted by commando How could it be harsh when it's barely present? I found it very soft and rolled off. Just repeating what I've read - I've never heard them. So, again, let it be known my comments should be taken in that context. And Tenaciouso has some good advice there, really.
Quote: Originally Posted by bLue_oNioN My friend is buying the 6i soon, so hopefully I'll be able to give them a try and see for myself how it stacks up against the E3. I wonder if they'll make me disappointed with my E5s? Not to veer off the thread subject, but... It looks like the jury's still somewhat out on this comparison (E3/ER6i), but a good number of people have stated that they find the E3 treble a bit harsh, whereas the reviews of...
boobooboo - you're not an audiophile? Coulda fooled me. Reviewed like a good, detail-oriented head-fier, imo. Good job. Quote: Originally Posted by bangraman The 'microphonics' are something that occurs with every in-ear phone I've had. If it still bothers you after a while, it's time to polish your moonwalking / robotic dancing skills as far as your locomotion methods are concerned... You know, we are truly sick! I read this quote and...
With the choices you gave, it seems like getting the E3's would be the best choice, definitely. But, there's a but, of course - it sounds like a near consensus is forming around the Ety ER6i's. Maybe you would benefit from giving them a look...