Posts by Max Minimum

It sure looks like they'd be better, but as is said all the time here, what you see on a graph doesn't always match what you hear. I haven't tried the Shures, so I can't make a comparison, but I can tell you that the isolation you get with the Ety's is fantastic. I recommend getting Comply tips, btw - very easy to get a good seal and tops in comfort, imo.
I haven't had this problem, but I don't change tips very often, which I'd imagine significantly reduces the wear and tear on the 'phones. I use standard size comply tips and they're incredibly comfortable. I've used the same tips for months now and they still work fine. I think everyone produces a different amount of wax, though, so I'm not sure if this would be a typical experience.
Let's find out more about what you're looking for. Are you more into slammin' bass or detail? What kinds of music do you listen to most? Have you heard any other cans that you liked and, if so, what were they?
I think MaZa just came up with THE solution.
I vote for the Senn HD595's and Beyer DT880's also. Taking everything into account, I prefer the HD595's. They have a smoother frequency response, work well with any genre and every source and amp I've tried them with, and are very comfy while still having enough grip to stay right where you put them if you like to bob your head, move around, or listen while in a position other than sitting upright. I think the DT880's (mine are the version previous to the current...
I wonder if you pull on the cords in your sleep. I recommend a straitjacket.
Thanks jiitee! *heads to the search box*
Here's the claim: "Musicmatch Jukebox is the only all-in-one jukebox that delivers free unlimited CD- quality recording/ripping using the industry leading Fraunhofer MP3 encoder." What's your opinion? How does it compare to Lame?
I really like the ATH-CM7's. I didn't even know the ATH-CM700ti model existed. I've been away from the site for a while. I'll have to do a search on them.
I've already got the new HD700's. I plugged in my HD595's and turned it up to 105 db. I can tell you in all honesty that I haven't heard better sound since.