Posts by Max Minimum

The Plug is sutable for doing the lawn, if you intend to throw your 'phones under the mower. I know MikoLayer likes them and that's cool, but I'm telling you, it's a real low-percentage chance you're taking with a dozen dollars or so. You probably won't like them. I'd recommend buying a lotto ticket and hoping to win enough to buy the MD33's...
I've gotta go with the CM7's. I've got the aluminum version and they sound great. I don't know if there's really anything else in their class. The EX71's and MD33's are canalphones, though they apparently do not sit as deeply as Shures and Ety's. As you'd expect, considering their price ($138 from Audio Cubes - includes S&H), they destroy the Senn MX's, along with various other buds I've heard - ahem, Sony, Aiwa, Phillips. And while that really isn't saying much, they...
There's also the 80g XClef. I seem to remember Austonia saying he no longer recommended it for some reason (build quality issue?). Anyway, I've got the 60g Zen Xtra and it's a lot of space, though I use high bitrate mp3's. 500 cd's and I've got room to spare.
I can't offer any help, but nice Farscape reference.
Ha! I just noticed I left out a word there... "(though these apparently go as deep as most canalphones)" That should have read "don't go as deep". I was trying to differentiate the CM7's from the Sharp and Sony 'phones. Those are canalphones that many find more comfy than most because they don't go as deep as the Ety's and Shures of the world, but will definitely isolate better than earbuds like the CM7's. Now, back to listening, so I can serve up that review...
Quote: Originally Posted by commando People have been mentioning Audio Technica buds quite a bit lately too. Well, I guess that's my queue. I recently purchased the ATH-CM7's and they're really good. I don't know how much help I'm going to be here because I haven't heard the 'phones you or anyone else in this thread have mentioned, but suffice to say, the CM7's are quality earbuds. I don't know if this is what you're interested in since the...
I've had this happen once so far. I've owned them for about 2 months now. They are loose-fitting, definitely. I keep seeing people recommend the R. Shack foamies, so maybe I'll try them, too.
Quote: Originally Posted by mxs1030 If you're still worried by the HD failures, buy yours from newegg w/ the warranty. It's a bit pricier than the cheapest online retailer, but newegg customer support has not let me down once.. Gotta agree about newegg. I bought my MX-500's and my 60g Xtra there. They were really fast! I got both of these in less than a week. Actually I think both were ordered on Sundays and arrived the following Friday. And...
Okay, good news! After listening to a couple of songs from XTC's Wasp Star album, I can say the sound you get with this method and the eq turned off is a good solution. It's not as good as what you'd get from a top notch cd player (ahem, kindly hinting that you shouldn't throw out those cd's), but I'd bet most people would never know the difference. The sound is very clean and no double amping nonsense! One thing to note, not that it's a real drawback, is that you'll...
I have a slightly bigger collection of cd's than that (nearing 500) and I can get it on my 60g Xtra, no problem. The sound from the headphone jack paired with ATH-CM7's is really good, too. I have not yet gotten a y connector to hook it up to my stereo, though I'll try that soon. One note, though. I did try this with an Archos Jukebox Studio 20 and it had a sort of disconcerting double-amped sound, even though it has an out marked as "line out". Well, actually it has...