Posts by Max Minimum

I'm going to have to replace my keyboard - it's drowning in drool. Good review and thanks for the pics!
Don't go scaring me like that. I just received my 60g Xtra two days ago from newegg and it does not have the new case with the window, so I'm guessing it's not reinforced. Well, a full 10 hours or so of use (the battery indicator is still showing what looks like half full!), and no probs with the jack.
I use the Audio Technica ATH-CM7 Aluminum Sticks (earbuds) with a Zen Xtra. I'm very happy with the nuetrality and detail of this combination, though I wouldn't mind just a tad more bass. And the cool thing is that, because I can keep the Zen in my pants pocket, at the end of the day, I can just get up and walk out the door without even taking them off (the 'buds, not the pants, sheesh!) - I work late, so there's usually nobody around to feel slighted by my not saying...
Quote: Originally Posted by lindrone As far as its aesthetic design... they look like something I can get at Walgreen's. Ha ha! Great line - they are a little, um, 'humble' looking.
You may want to check out the Audio-Technica ATH-CM5 Aluminum Stick Earphones. I've got the CM7's and they really sound good. These do not share drivers, however. The reviews I've read here (not many, though) and my own experience with AT make me feel confident that they're likely to be right up there at the top for earbud sound in this price range. They may have the uneven cord, though. The CM7's do. I'm in the camp that likes them, myself, though. They're really...
I've got a pair of Sony MDR-CD777's. They were my firsts. I don't remember exactly when I got them, but I think it'd have to be late '80's. They still sound very good and I listen to them several times a week. They don't look too good, though. The pads are worn through to the foam and the headband has pretty much lost all of its grip, so I wear a loosely-fitted baseball-style cap over them. Yes, it looks goofy.
Quote: Originally Posted by Edwood Have you tried those "memory foam" pillow like Tempurpedic brand? They will probably mold to the ety's better and probably push less than a standard pillow. -Ed I've got a tempurpedic pillow and they do conform to shapes, but very slowly. It'll actually transmit more force to your ear when you turn your head and the outer tip comes in contact with the pillow. To see what I mean, try slapping a...
Quote: Originally Posted by commando A900s improve with an amp. Consider cheapish buds like the Sharp MD33 for portable use (cheap but pretty good) and 580s for home use. Or the CM7s that MM said, which i've never head about but are worth investigating. btw MM can you compare those buds with other buds (Shure/EX71s would be nice) or full sized cans? I'll be writing a full review sometime this weekend. The only other 'phones I have that are...
Quote: Originally Posted by pne pithead, i've never considered earbuds. i have several pairs of cheap ones and sometimes it takes all my willpower not to grind them under my heel. mind you i have wrecked a few in a raging fit i will consider them in a future if these phones work out for me and i keep interest in head-fi. I dont really mind looking silly, I'm more about the sound, and plus i think big set of senns doesnt look to shabby in public as...
Hmm. The more I read other people's posts about earbuds, the more I think I must have smallish ears. I have no problems with the MX500's coming out. There nothing I can do, save for pulling on or badly snagging the cord, to make them come out. I'm a real headbobber, too. Also, I exercise wearing these - jumping jacks, joggin, etc. No problems.