Posts by Max Minimum

Yeah, that's all I need - to be tempted by a nice five or sixhundred dollar dap.
Man, just when I was narrowing down my choices... Now, Apple does this, Creative comes out with the Touch (and I'm sure they'll be release ones with larger drives, too), Rio is readying the Karma2, DMC is saying they'll be coming out with larger drives, on and on... Maybe I'll just set a deadline. I'll make up my mind by the end of August and make a purchase on Sept. 1. Can I wait that long w/out a portable player, though?
No problem, moi. wahoox2, I understand your disliking the overly pc environment of today. That's cool. My concern is that out of the thousands of members of Head-Fi, there are going to be plenty who are gay. I think they'd hear it differently and if they don't see anyone point it out then they'll be less likely to think of Head-Fi as a friendly forum, which it is. I apologize for overstating the problem I had with your comments, though. My beef was with White...
Quote: Originally Posted by wahoox2 homophobic = a word made up by flaming liberals who can't stand it that other people don't agree with them. Well, I think he used the term "fagly" to mean stupid, which he may think of people who are gay. He has that right. Stop trolling the forums as the Politically Correct Police. You are probably one of the few people who have actually payed attention to stuff like this. Back to Topic: I am eager...
A friend had an Archos Jukebox 20 (something like that) and the thing frequently paused the music momentarily (building buffer?). This happened on about every other song. Then, the battery just died one day. He was never able to charge it again. Also, no shuffling across directories... Their multimedia oriented player is interesting but too expensive. Leaning more and more to IRiver... I read another user comment somewhere that the latest firmware upgrade fixed...
Thanks for the responses. I've done some research since I posted this. I came very close to pulling the trigger and buying the XCLEF. The killer was that it doesn't seem to handle random play across directories. Also, after reading up on compression a bit, I now believe 40 gigs would be fine. So, I'm looking at IRiver now, too. But, I just read a cnet user comment claiming it does not do true random play - you get the same play order every time. A number of...
I want a hd player with at least 60 gig. Is there any reason to look at something other than a Zen Xtra? I want good sound, too.
Quote: Originally Posted by intlplby this thread makes me want to go out and buy materials to make my own iBoom iPod boombox with bigass speakers, DIY speaker amps, nice big white knobs, white e.q. and a sleak white smoothed minimalist case And you could add a milk fountain to it...
Quote: Originally Posted by Bigwill Grr.... I think I've got about around $250 to spend right now. I want to get the Karma soooooo bad, but im scared that ill end up with a $250 paper weight in 3 months . And I don't wanna spend $300 total just to warranty it. Dell DJ looks ugly, from what I heard, is designed with lots of flaws, outer features stink, only plus side is cheapness. Karma and Dell dj uses the same Hitachi hard drive, so the chances of...
Also, there are now MX550's...