Posts by Max Minimum

I tend to think that the most accurate (and maybe smooth isn't the right word either because some people think 'phones with rolled off highs and less than the quickest transient response are 'smooth-sounding') 'phones would best convey the intentions of the artists. However, it's an interesting perspective and I'd be interested to hear whether or not musicians themselves would say you're on to something. Surely it's not a bad thought. If it enhances what you experience...
I would think any foamies would be fine, so long as they fit the buds well, but I've only actually used the ones that came with them.
Very nice look, but I think I still like the Soverign's better. Close though, very close.
Quote: Originally Posted by delenda est Sony Sky, the Koss Butt Plugs are a uniquely terrible listening experience. Koss's minimum wage R & D department saw Etys, and attempted a $20 knockoff of the concept and these are about what might be expected. Miserable sound, muffled, weak, little bass, no treble. Hard to imagine how these could be worse except maybe if they exploded in your ear. Now that's a great summation of them. And now to...
Hey, a fellow Yellowjacket here... well, many years removed now. The 550's are lower ohm 'phones (16 or 18 ohms, something like that), so they should be easier to drive (not that I've had any trouble driving the 500's), but could be more prone to hiss - never heard them, though. As far as them sounding shrill, (like I posted on another currently front page thread) they sound absolutely horrible w/out the foamies, but very balanced and smooth with them, imo.
So, they thought the ety's were overpriced, but UE's weren't? Don't get me wrong, I think they probably both earn the price they command.
I've had the MX 500's for about 6 weeks, so I can't really say too much about reliability, but so far so good, including the volume slider, though honestly it feels a little cheap. As far as the sound goes, I'm very impressed with them. After putting the foamies on, that is. I'd read a review of some other earbud here where the guy said the foamies just made them feel bigger (too big) and sound muddy, so at first I put them in naked (the earbuds...). I was EXTREMELY...
Well, this is almost totally off-topic, but I think I see Klipsch promedia 2.1's in the bg of one of those pics. I'd like to know what you think of them, Lindrone. I had them for about a week and found the bass to be really impressive for the price and size, but thought the midrange was really recessed (in another room, really) and, while the highs were abundant, they didn't extend very far up the band and seemed kind of scratchy. It sounds like I'm absolutely trashing...
Thanks for the entertaining and insightful review! Er, uh, should I ask what this ("I believe he and I struck a deal that will allow me to return without having to break any promises or compromise my word.") is about?
Good review. I feel like I'm slowly being pushed towards buying these by the reviews I've read so far. And thus the Head-Fi bug begins to chew lightly at my wallet...