Posts by Max Minimum

Thanks for the reply, Mike.  I'm glad you've been giving us your impressions!
Haha, that cracks me up.   On a different note, I'm curious about how these stack up against the LCD series.  I know you've said you don't like comparing them, so I apologize!  I can't help it!  Looking at my finances, I have decided I can safely make one true high-end headphone purchase.  So I'm not concerned with the price difference between the LCD and EL lines so long as there is a significant difference in quality.  So, would you say there is a significant bump up...
Thanks.  Yeah, I think I'm done buying amps for a while.  I'm trying not to go too crazy, so I'll be sticking with the Centrance.  I suppose it's safe to assume the Audezes extend farther up into the high frequencies, right?
How'd this turn out?  I often use mine straight out of my phone with Spotify and I am not disappointed.  It sounds great.
Wow!  Do you have the Audeze cans?  I've read all over the place how great their bass is.  And considering they are full-sized cans (even more full-sized than usual...), I'd have expected them to beat the 846 in the bass department, even though I know first-hand how good the 846 bass is.  I was contemplating getting a set of Audeze heaphones...should I reconsider? EDIT: I now see from your list that you do have them, along with many other great headphones.  Would you mind...
So two developments are changing the way I think of the SE846.    First, I got the Centrance HiFi M8, and it gets along really well with the 846.  Pushing the impedence selector over to 1 ohm and the treble boost all the way up, the SE846 comes alive for me.    Second, I dug out an old Kenwood receiver I hadn't used in a long long time and was surprised by how good the 846 sounded from it.  Granted, I had to crank the treble almost all the way up with the tone control,...
Okay, as I wrote my thoughts, this post grew and got WAY outta hand, but I hope it gives you some useful information and a worthwhile perspective...     As others have said, it's hard to say what's the best, particularly when you haven't heard the top contenders.  I'm currently researching the options myself because I want a set of iems that can give me the best qualities of the iems I currently own all in one single pair.  I know, I know...good luck with that,...
Replacing the built-in eq is definitely the way to go.  I'm using Equalizer right now.  Works great, but I'll definitely check out viper.  Thanks!
Yeah, the Moto X may not have the latest specs but everything it does is just so elegantly implemented and optimized that it is one of the most enjoyable devices to use on the market right now.  I remember the days when cassette players and cd players were considered portable devices, too.  These days, while on the move, I mostly use Google Play Music, my phone, and a set of IEMs...and I get much better sound than I could get with the best (then considered) portable...
Yeah it's really not bad at all.  Comparing it to the Galaxy S4, there isn't a lot of difference with eq either flat or off.  The S4 does give you a bit more customization if you want to tweak the sound, though.  With the Moto X you are stuck with presets...even when you select that badly-labeled "custom" profile.  Be sure to set surround to off for most things, though you may find recordings here and there that actually sound good with it.  I'll have to compare it to my...