Posts by Max Minimum

Who did you order this from and did they take everything out of the Ety stalk and embed it in a custom ear mold? That seems likely to significantly change the sound all by itself.
Haha, it is strong with this site....
I could live with a few 16 GB cards, but yeah, two or three 32 GB cards would be more convenient, or, dare I hope for support for a 128 GB card down the line? (!!!)
Thanks for the recommendation. I can feel my wallet wanting to shed some dough again, though I'm trying my best to refrain....
Quote: Originally Posted by SierraHotel01 It's easy to make custom EQ settings for your iPod. Here's how: 1. in iTunes, go to the "Window" pull down menu, and click Equalizer. 2. Set EQ sliders as desired 3. in top of EQ window, click on pop-up menu - select "Make Preset" 4. Give your new custom EQ the exact same name as one of the Presets that appear on your iPod (e.g. Rock) - select Save - then tell it to replace the original setting (over-write) when...
Quote: Originally Posted by SierraHotel01 It's easy to make custom EQ settings for your iPod. Here's how: 1. in iTunes, go to the "Window" pull down menu, and click Equalizer. 2. Set EQ sliders as desired 3. in top of EQ window, click on pop-up menu - select "Make Preset" 4. Give your new custom EQ the exact same name as one of the Presets that appear on your iPod (e.g. Rock) - select Save - then tell it to replace the original setting (over-write)...
Quote: Originally Posted by Kabeer I found this an issue on all headphones. Solution: Use rockbox if you want an eq. Alt Solution: someone on the portables forum said that you can modify the ipod presets to be your own custom preset. If that is the case you can create a non distorting preset. If that's the case it's an extremely well-hidden feature...
Quote: Originally Posted by Schweiz Hope this helps: How to fix iPod Eq distortion. « This is my cyberhome! Thanks Schweiz, I will give this a try! I like the sound signature that I get through my etys on the ipod using one of its built-in eq settings. I can't remember which one right now, which tells you how little I use it, and thus the ipod itself, due to the distortion.
I had a similar experience when trying the UM2's. I wanted something that would give me more bass punch than my ER-4P's. The comments here from those that don't like the Shures sound eerily like my thoughts of the Westones, which makes me think I should steer clear of them. I eq the Etys to effectively bring up the bass by 3db (actually I reduce mids and highs to do so). To get a sound I could kinda live with from the UM2's I had to eq the heck out of them. What I...
Thanks RedSky! Now that flash memory capacity is getting as large as it is with prices still coming down I'd like to move to a non-hard-drive based player and I love the features of the D2 and it seems to get a lot of praise. I may even go lossless for some of my favorites since drive capacity wouldn't be such an issue.