Posts by Max Minimum

Quote: Originally Posted by lon420 Yeah, I too was surprised to see SK and Monster on Headroom. Max, just how is the durability on the Titans? I'm looking to get a pair of beaters, and the way the rather thin cables just hang out of them make me a bit uneasy. So far, so good, but yes, the wires are very thin and don't seem to be protected at the connection, unless there's something small inside that I can't see (doubt it). Again, they are new,...
Quote: Originally Posted by jjsoviet How ridiculous? Monstrously ridiculous. Reminds me of the UM2's if you were to equalize them to be even more biased towards the bass than they already are. Again, not critical listening 'phones. They are what I'd call "convenience headphones." They are easy to deal with and provide a pleasurable (though not particularly accurate) sound straight out of very underpowered sources. So far I've had no issues...
Just to be a complete idiot, I plugged them into my MiniBox and engaged the bass boost. The result was ridiculous.
Quote: Originally Posted by tnmike1 I switch between the Olives and the new Complys with the filters in them. I really love their comfort plus the filter means I don't have to replace the Ety filters as often. Ialso think the filtered Comply is made of a different material than the original Comply and is more pliable or "squishy". I've had a Comply stuck on my Ety for over a month now with no sign of wear or tear. Don't know why some folk think they're...
Quote: Originally Posted by os2k or when people at work wave their hands and jump up and down to get your attention when you are being paged *has had this happen on more than one occasion* Is your first reaction to, against all reason, make a face like they're out of line for gesticulating so wildly, too?
Or when people know you're home and think you're not answering the door because you're a weirdo hermit (which you may be).
I used the Complies for a long time and liked the comfort and ease of getting a seal. In my ears they didn't affect the sound much, if any, but they did wear out. Right now I'm using gliders I got from Headroom and I think I like them best of all. They are again easy to insert (just push them in, no twisting, angling, etc.), comfortable (partially, I think, because they don't go as deeply into my ears), and they don't affect the sound.
I bought a pair of Titans today at Target for $39. I have to say that I'm impressed. And this is coming from an Ety guy. Don't expect, of course, the extension at either end of the frequency spectrum that you get from an ER-4P or ER-4S or the detail those give. However, if you need something that's easy to insert/remove, easy to carry around, and can sound immediately decent on the go without amps, equalizers, etc., these are a pretty good choice, imo. Right now I'm...
I agree with the Minibox E+ recommendation. The PtoS switch plus the bass boost get them sounding like they should. I think I actually like them better than my DT880 now...
You walk around the city wearing D2000s?! I think that's awesome. It sounds like insulation to me, too. I'd most likely just tape them up myself because I'd hate to send them away. However, where exactly is this stuff coming out at the top? If it's at a joint, it might be a cause for concern (maybe, maybe not...). I'm not sure what you mean by "above the headphone plug", though. Between the plug and the headphone's cord?