Posts by Max Minimum

...light on the ice with whipped cream. Specifications: Serving Size 24 fl. oz. Amt Per Serving Calories 670 Fat Calories 200 Total Fat (g) 22 Saturated Fat (g) 12 Trans Fat (g) 0.5 Cholesterol (mg) 50 Sodium (mg) 420 Total Carbohydrates (g) 107 Fiber (g) 3 Sugars (g) 82 Protein (g) 19 Vitamin A 20% Vitamin C 0% Calcium 50% Iron 20% Caffeine (mg) ...
Quote: Originally Posted by kenta As I said in the review, I enjoy ER-4P on A3 quite a lot. But it worth to mention that I listen mostly jazz, pop and classic. I don't do much on the rock side. So ER-4P matches my taste here. I agree that lagging of bass is always an issue for ER-4P, but then again on A3 with those tweaking features, I think it let me here a better ER-4P to my liking. And I am like you, I think EQing is not a sin, we can enjoy that ......
Yeah, Grados are well known for their rockin' prowess. Depends on how much you listen to classical, etc.... The 595's will do anything well, but if the vast majority of the time you're listening to some nasty rock (I mean that in a good way!) then the 225's are a good bet since they're really meant for it.
I vote for the Senn HD595's. They are nicely balanced and sound good with any kind of music. On my head they're the most comfortable headphones I've used (save for the 590's which, while fun, have some sonic problems), and that includes the Beyer DT880's which are generally considered among the most comfortable out there. They're $181 at Amazon, and I'd say the $31 over your limit is worth it. If you don't think so, you can get them used.
Quote: Originally Posted by ILikeMusic Except for the fact that it doesn't really work that way... Do you know this for sure? I have not been able to give it a try. Before giving it a go, my iPod stopped being recognized by my computer. This is the third time this has happened. On the other occasions I had to reset the iPod and everything started working again. No dice so far this time, though...
I've always found that the Etys take particularly well to equalization, so this pairing would seem to make sense to me since I'd lower the non-bass frequencies to get the balance I want. I know many people consider eq'ing to be verboten but I do not.
Nice review! How is the FM reception?
It could be a damaged driver. Maybe....
Who did you order this from and did they take everything out of the Ety stalk and embed it in a custom ear mold? That seems likely to significantly change the sound all by itself.
Haha, it is strong with this site....