Posts by Max Minimum

I used the Complies for a long time and liked the comfort and ease of getting a seal. In my ears they didn't affect the sound much, if any, but they did wear out. Right now I'm using gliders I got from Headroom and I think I like them best of all. They are again easy to insert (just push them in, no twisting, angling, etc.), comfortable (partially, I think, because they don't go as deeply into my ears), and they don't affect the sound.
I bought a pair of Titans today at Target for $39. I have to say that I'm impressed. And this is coming from an Ety guy. Don't expect, of course, the extension at either end of the frequency spectrum that you get from an ER-4P or ER-4S or the detail those give. However, if you need something that's easy to insert/remove, easy to carry around, and can sound immediately decent on the go without amps, equalizers, etc., these are a pretty good choice, imo. Right now I'm...
I agree with the Minibox E+ recommendation. The PtoS switch plus the bass boost get them sounding like they should. I think I actually like them better than my DT880 now...
You walk around the city wearing D2000s?! I think that's awesome. It sounds like insulation to me, too. I'd most likely just tape them up myself because I'd hate to send them away. However, where exactly is this stuff coming out at the top? If it's at a joint, it might be a cause for concern (maybe, maybe not...). I'm not sure what you mean by "above the headphone plug", though. Between the plug and the headphone's cord?
They've probably got to run away from the HD800's sector, too.
Quote: Originally Posted by insyte I only use them with comply tips, the other tips that come with it are uncomfortable for me. I am glad to read of someone else using the comply tips. I find them to be much more comfortable than the stock tips and much easier to insert/remove. I don't roll them or anything: just push'em in and pull'em out. And I think they help the bass just a bit, though the Minibox E+ really is the answer there. Also,...
Quote: Originally Posted by pataburd Some have claimed that recabling the D2000 (e.g. with the APS V3) gets them very very close to, if not on par with, the D5000. Completely stock, I prefer the D5000, which is--IMHO--more detailed, coherent and tonally/timbrally accurate than the D2000, if just a bit more reserved. The D2000 do not absolutely need a dedicated amp, but with a properly matched amp (and source) the Denon benefit greatly. :...
Quote: Originally Posted by lucky For IEMs, the Creative EP-630. For circumaurals, the Sennheiser HD555. I was going to suggest the 595 in the "great sound w/out an amp" category, but I haven't heard the 555... In its day, the Sennheiser MX500 (550) was a good value. Can you even get those anymore?
Quote: Originally Posted by boomy3555 Denons are much easier to drive than the beyers. IMHO: If your not happy with the Denons right out of your source, than you need a source.although I would recommend starting with the 2000's. There is much debate about town that the 2000's are the base product for Denons and all the new ones (5000,7000) are just modified 2000's. This makes me curious. Has there been any modding to see if the 2000 can...
Maybe the Audio Technica ATH-M50 or Denon AH-D1001k? They're both really nice closed cans.