Posts by Max Minimum

Oh, thought of one more...   "Dreamside" by Graham Joyce.  It's about an experiment in lucid dreaming where four student participants create a shared dream realm and the consequences of what they do there.
Lovecraft is great, I agree.  Also, Poe, especially "The Narrative of Arthur Gordon Pym."  Follow that up with Lovecraft's "At the Mountains of Madness."  It was written as almost a companion piece to "Pym."
After "House of Leaves" you may have a hard time finding a horror novel that meets your expectations.  King is an above-average writer in the genre, but nowhere near the level of Danielewski, in my opinion (and I've read a lot of King).  I'd suggest taking a different direction.  Maybe don't go for something that takes itself too seriously.  How about "John Dies At The End" by David Wong?  It's definitely a horror novel, but also a comedy, as strange as that sounds.  The...
I just got a pair of these today and have to say that I'm impressed.  Yes, like you say, the sound quality is only mediocre.  But they are enjoyable with the right set of expectations and with some kind of bass boost.  The comfort and build quality really caught me by surprise.  I was specifically looking for something I didn't have to worry about breaking and thought, "Heck, 8 bucks a few of times per year... not too bad."  But they actually don't feel like they're...
Quote: Originally Posted by lon420 Yeah, I too was surprised to see SK and Monster on Headroom. Max, just how is the durability on the Titans? I'm looking to get a pair of beaters, and the way the rather thin cables just hang out of them make me a bit uneasy. So far, so good, but yes, the wires are very thin and don't seem to be protected at the connection, unless there's something small inside that I can't see (doubt it). Again, they are new,...
Quote: Originally Posted by jjsoviet How ridiculous? Monstrously ridiculous. Reminds me of the UM2's if you were to equalize them to be even more biased towards the bass than they already are. Again, not critical listening 'phones. They are what I'd call "convenience headphones." They are easy to deal with and provide a pleasurable (though not particularly accurate) sound straight out of very underpowered sources. So far I've had no issues...
Just to be a complete idiot, I plugged them into my MiniBox and engaged the bass boost. The result was ridiculous.
Quote: Originally Posted by tnmike1 I switch between the Olives and the new Complys with the filters in them. I really love their comfort plus the filter means I don't have to replace the Ety filters as often. Ialso think the filtered Comply is made of a different material than the original Comply and is more pliable or "squishy". I've had a Comply stuck on my Ety for over a month now with no sign of wear or tear. Don't know why some folk think they're...
Quote: Originally Posted by os2k or when people at work wave their hands and jump up and down to get your attention when you are being paged *has had this happen on more than one occasion* Is your first reaction to, against all reason, make a face like they're out of line for gesticulating so wildly, too?
Or when people know you're home and think you're not answering the door because you're a weirdo hermit (which you may be).