or Connect

Posts by Max Minimum

Lol @ Google-Fu.  I'm going to have to nick that for future use!
Listening conditions can definitely be confounding factors.  And maybe they do change a good bit with differing upstream gear, but it seems like, eventually, a more cohesive view of a headphone's sound signature usually arises.  I was just wondering if anyone had seen such a thing yet.
This is getting to be like the EL8 threads.  Wildly different characterizations of the sound signature.  Some saying the Ether has great slammin' bass, others saying it's bright and anemic in the bass region.  Anybody read about these more widely than me, maybe at other sites, too?  Is there anything close to a consensus view on the sound signature of these 'phones?
Ah, I did miss something.  Didn't know about the t-shirt.
 Dan, just to make sure I didn't miss some other deal...you're talking about the cable deal?
Have you looked at Tyll's Grado measurements?  Yikes.  But yeah, as has basically already been said, they're made for fun, not for accuracy.
Ah, okay.  That's interesting.  That's how I felt about the NAD HP50 at first, but then I think brain-burn set in.  I find them pretty groovy now.  Is the sound a little soft maybe?  Every so often, I'll still hear a song with the NADs and think to myself, "well, the edges of everything seem well-defined, but those edges are round instead of sharp."
When people describe a headphone as "clinical" or "analytical" or say they're good for monitoring, the headphone they're describing tends to be a bit brighter than headphones people describe as "musical."  But I've seen several times now people describing the Laylas as both "clinical" and "warm."  Weird.  Can anyone describe what it is about the sound that makes them seem clinical to you?
Be careful when checking out.  I wanted to see if this would apply to the really high-end stuff they sell and the shopping cart went all wacky.  I put and LCD-X in my cart.  They are running a deal where you get 60% off a stand when you buy an LCD-X.  So I both applied HappyEars as a discount code and put the stand in the cart.  I applied the code before putting the stand in the cart.  The 15% discount was applied to the stand, not to the headphone, and the 60% discount...
Really. That store is dreamy. I want to move in.