or Connect

Posts by Max Minimum

Yeah, that's a good approach.  I'm really looking forward to more reliable reviews of the Ether.  It's not that there haven't been any.  But we all have our favorite pro reviewers and posters who we feel we can depend on.  More of those people will be giving detailed reviews in the not-too-distant future.     And I also look forward to seeing measurements.  They're definitely not the last "word" in describing a headphone, but I tend to find them very useful indicators.
Agreed.  Trying to make a review a piece of art isn't always advisable.  If you're really really good at it, go ahead.  But make sure you also say things more directly and clearly alongside the flourishes. EDIT: Just wanted to note that I was not talking about the above-linked review in particular.  It was actually not one terribly prone to this problem, imo.  There is a LOT of bad review writing out there, though.
 It sounds like that mod fundamentally changed the SE846 sound signature.
Yes, thanks for the impressions.  Sounds like you're saying it's frequency response is kind of v-shaped, right?  After owning the DT880, I know I don't want something with recessed mids.
So I wonder if that "(NEGATIVE)" is supposed to work like adding "not" at the end of a statement in order to negate it or if he's saying they suck.
That's good to know.  I would be most interested in using them at home.  Generally, when I use the SE846 portably, I am exercising and not really listening quite as closely.  I mean, we all always want better and better sound under all circumstances, but it's not exactly a situation where we're suffering when listening to the SE846 stock, haha.  :) Thanks for the information.  I will most likely be trying these cables.
Yeah, I don't expect it to fundamentally change the SE846's character.  I use a HiFi-M8 with the impedance set to 1 ohm, which, like you say, helps brighten the sound signature.  I love the bass and mids of the SE846.  And while the lack of treble means I tend to use other 'phones for close listening, it's still an addictive and non-fatiguing sound to me, and I use the Shures a lot.  But I'm always looking to coax a little bit more treble from them.
Very interesting, thanks!
What cable do you use with it?  And does it help it deliver more treble?
Oh boy!  That's what I have.  Hmm...