Posts by Max Minimum

Replacing the built-in eq is definitely the way to go.  I'm using Equalizer right now.  Works great, but I'll definitely check out viper.  Thanks!
Yeah, the Moto X may not have the latest specs but everything it does is just so elegantly implemented and optimized that it is one of the most enjoyable devices to use on the market right now.  I remember the days when cassette players and cd players were considered portable devices, too.  These days, while on the move, I mostly use Google Play Music, my phone, and a set of IEMs...and I get much better sound than I could get with the best (then considered) portable...
Yeah it's really not bad at all.  Comparing it to the Galaxy S4, there isn't a lot of difference with eq either flat or off.  The S4 does give you a bit more customization if you want to tweak the sound, though.  With the Moto X you are stuck with presets...even when you select that badly-labeled "custom" profile.  Be sure to set surround to off for most things, though you may find recordings here and there that actually sound good with it.  I'll have to compare it to my...
I'm kinda having a laugh at the descriptions of the Moto X having weak bass.  Not that I'd argue the case.  It's just that I'm currently using the Shure SE846s with it.  These 'phones, to me (a long time Ety guy), are bass monsters.  Too much bass for me and not enough top end when not equalized.  I've got the balanced filters in the 'phones, no external amp hooked up, and have set the freakin' eq to brilliant treble.  Yeah, still warm and punchy.  This setup seems to go...
Maybe I'll be the test subject...
I think you probably made the right choice.   Have you seen videos on youtube where people are making their own custom tips from mold-able plastic?  It looks fairly easy and it's cheap.  How it turns out, I don't know...
That sounds just about perfect to me!     I'm a fan of Bad Company, too.  Paul Rodgers has one of the best rock'n'roll voices of them all.
Yeah, it could maybe use a question mark in the title.
Yes, I imagine it will be quite different.  Long ago, I owned a set of UM2s and loved the bass thump they were able to deliver.  But I could just never coax enough detail out of them and much preferred the Etys.  I could equalize the Etys like a madman and make them get sorta close to the UM2-style bass, but never truly give it as much authority.  I'm hoping/expecting the 846 to give me the sound I want, or something really close to it.  I read up on a lot of other...
I'm soooo disappointed, hahaha.  When I read what you were originally ordering, I couldn't wait to hear how it turned out.  I imagine you wound up making the wiser choice here, but I was just so excited!  It was like watching a stuntman (no! a daredevil!) attempt a harrowing trick for the first time!  What would happen?!   But yes, probably a good choice to step back from the fiery pit of robotic shark-lions that you were about to try to jump over... I hope you get many...