Posts by KLS

Yeah slaters70 your opinion and thoughts on SM3 is much appreciated! :) So I guess you are going for EM3Pro?   rawrster I am expecting my reshelled UE10Pro this week. If custom works for me (fit, comfort wise, as well as sound though UE10 is a little 'outdated'), I might sell all my IEMs and jump into $1000-custom-IEMs territory.   I have been struggling whole night between FX700 and SM3, still can't say which I like the most.   Swapping from SM3 to FX700,...
Bennyboy71, I own a Cowon D2, based on my limited experience and what I read in this forum, I personally think that Cowon should supply something like 'EQ for Dummies' for their players (no offense intended of course), as in most cases their player needs some serious EQing. Cowon definitely makes good DAPs with good functionable EQ.   It is not surprising that Cowon players need some tweak in EQ to shine in my opinion. As long as you are enjoying your SM3 with...
I am using iTunes (crap to some but I like it) and I find that SM3 doesn't respond well to EQ. Of course you can change the sound, but I find that if EQing too much (especially leveling up for more than 5dbs in the bass region) frequencies, everything becomes out of controll. It's the precise sound of SM3 which I like them, any additional EQ which mess up their sound I doubt I will like it.   Like some others, me too think that SM3 doesn't require (much) EQ. However...
I am eager to see the x-JAYS as well. I remember somebody saying the 'beast' will be released around October.
  I am surprised too, since so many people bashing IE8 for its infamous mid-bass hump.   I believe I am one who doesn't get bothered by the mid-bass hump of IE8. Parting my IE8 for several weeks (I loaned them to my friend and now he won't return them to me...), I listened to them again a few days ago with a brief comparsion with SM3, and surprisingly the midrange clarity of IE8 isn't far behind from SM3, and no mid-bass hump to my ears.   I think my pair of IE8 has...
Took me some time to catch up.   About EQing SM3, like what koonhua90 said, it is hard to change the sound of SM3. If you found any sound changes by EQing, you had probably pushing SM3 to its limit where all sound starting to distort. This is based on stock silicone bi-flange.   With the stock comply tips however, leveling up several decibels around 2kHz improve clarity and makes cymbals sound 'nearer'. I used stock comply tips in the old days, so I tend to level up...
  I like the transparent too. To be honest this thing is tempting me because of their looks and build :) And I would like some chain for my bicycle.   Anyone cares to measure the length of the nozzle for me? Orz  
The opening of 'Black or White' (in King of Pop) always scare me as if there is someone really banging the door.
I mean no offense to you PlayableOfaDuck. I just hope you are willing to share your thoughts on how the two compare, or perhaps some words on why you prefer JH5 to SM3.
  Very true. There are people comment and compare things based on memory, not even stating 'based on memory'.   That's the reason why I asked for further information :)   I am getting very interested in this thread, because at first I thought chances of people own or heard both SM3 and JH5 is small, but there comes PlayableOfaDuck. I hope he/she will be giving some further thoughts on this topic, not just simply saying 'better' and leave this thread.