or Connect

Posts by KLS

Reshelling from Rooth: http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/492157/hfi-high-fi-international-appreciation-and-rooth-impressions-thread-new-online-company-in-japan/45#post_6766213   I am not following the Unique Melody or Fischer Audio threads, but I think a search in those threads might give you something relevant.
I think I better change the word to 'low-profile' :)
koonhua90, nice impressions! Lucky you :)   I think I have to apologise to everyone here regarding build quality of SM3. Apparently I am the first to report a broken SM3, and even posted some stupid pictures. Yes I admit I could definitely fix them myself, but I decided to get custom tips from EarSonics that time, so I thought I might as well send my broken pair of SM3 and ear impressions to EarSonics.   I emailed Franck asking about my broken SM3 before sending...
ericp10, I agree FX700 and Radius DDM are good complements to SM3. They are of different flavours :) FX700 is on par with SM3 technically (instrument separation and 3D imaging) in my opinion.   The little bump in lower midrange is, in my opinion, not a bad thing at all. It makes the midrange more 'enjoyable' and full sounding, but sacrifices clarity.   james, sorry for the stupid question on 'refine'. I figured out myself, which mean 'good'.
james nice quick summary. Just curious, by 'refine' do you mean smooth?   I second what you said, though I am yet to find the forward mids to be fatiguing even for long listening session. I think I am qualified to try the SE530 or SE535 :)     Finally lol.       x2 :)
Even I have mine refurbished broken...   I am not saying they (ericp10 and dweaver) or we (including me) are treating them badly, but I think we just happened to get some of the faulty SM3s.   To be honest, I seriously think that it was not totally my fault for breaking the nozzle when trying to pull out the custom tips. The left custom tip was not properly made as far as I can tell. I can see some gluish thing inside which doesn't appear in the right custom tip.
I have seen both the old version and refurbished version of SM3, though not at the same time. I must say that the refurbished SM3 looks much stronger, and no sign of 'furrow' in the 'border' of the black and transparent plastic housing. Still, they look fragile but if used with care they should be able to last long.
Old thread's revival :)   rawrster if you read this, I am going to say that in no way I will be selling my reshelled UE10Pro ^^ Tested them for 10 minutes and they are good. Still need more time to evaluate them.   I wonder if anyone posted in this thread still lurking in Head-Fi?   EDIT: Didn't realise this is in the Headphones sub-forum...
      gameboy115, rawrster got me there :) I sold some other IEMs and headphones as well to fund that DAP. e-Q7 is the one I miss the most.   rawrster, to make my long story short ;) If you want accurate souding IEMs, (of my IEMs collection) I would suggest SM3. Though SM3 is lacking clarity in the midrange compared to CK10.  
  I couldn't recall why I sold my e-Q7...Oh, to fund a DAP. A DAP of a retail price $800, which I never regret even once for selling it after realising I don't enjoy it...   It makes me want the e-Q7 again.     You two are making me want to have a try for the RE-series :)     Seems like Head-Fi has come to a conclusion that SM3 is not the best of the best, or at least SM3 is not for everyone. However you won't know until you try the SM3 :)       I can tell that you...