Posts by KLS

Of course :) But I have to burn them for at least 100 hours first.   What I am confident to say now is, RE-ZERO and SM3 are different in sound signature (price as well ^^). They focus on different frequencies. RE-ZERO is more to the high-mids and treble. SM3 is more to the mids and bass. Both sound natural and accurate to my ears. It's more about what sound signature you like, and how much are you willing to pay.   Still early to give any conclusion, however putting...
average_joe, so you mean EM3Pro and SM3 share the same sound signature? Especially in the treble and midrange.   koonhua90, congrats on your JH16 purchase!
Thanks cooperpwc. Very interesting read indeed :)  
You kidding? Where are you?   Actually it's better to ask the audiologists first before going to their place to make sure if they are willing to just make ear impressions. I asked a few through emailling and phone, and 1 out of 5 rejected.   EDIT: I did a quick search and the Starkey Japan came out. It seems that they are not doing custom IEMs in Japan though. Sorry this thread is seriously derailed...
    Yes very true :) My silly ears couldn't judge the price of HM801.     Then SM3 is not for you then ^^ Okay I am just fooling around.   I think the mids is placed about right. Not too forward, not too recessed. Great thing for $99. Though I paid more in Japan.  
    That's why I am so envious...Buy everything and try them and return those you don't like and keep the one :) That being said, I have a, umm, not-so-easy-access to audition phones.   Yeah just hope james is smiling like crazy with his FI-BA-SS on :)     I thought it would be far cheaper than the air ticket if you just buy them :)  
I was hugely disappointed with HM801. But from today my attitude towards Head-Direct has changed. I take off my hats and give you a bow Head-Direct. That's just how good the RE-ZERO is :)   I think I have high adaptability to phones of different sound signature. My brain adjusts and gets used to different sound signature fast. In my opinion, this is a good thing, it means that I am listening to music but not to the phones. Or in other word, I am sane ^^ However SM3...
Don't know about other audiologists in other countries, but in Japan it seems that using a bite block is not a common practice.   I once consulted Suyama (an audiologist who makes the custom IEMs FitEar) and they said no bite block is needed for making impressions. After the silicone thing is inserted into your ears, move your jaws to the right and left, up and down. Repeat this for 3 to 4 times, then just leave your mouth opening, relaxing, but be sure that your...
    heaven a in early August, heaven s in mid August, so August :)       Actually Japanese shops (don't know about Seyo) won't accept returns unless the items are damaged during delivery or malfunction. So james has left no choice but to like them ^^  
I just grab the picture from some site ^^; Prairie is kind of my 'dream' phoography theme lol.   Youtube has some Ralph Vaughan Williams :) And I am listening to them right now.