Posts by KLS

Didn't really follow the whole thread, so if this has been discussed before...   Energizer XP8000 Anyone using such (big, in size ^^) batteries to power Stepdance, or other portable amps?
I have similar experience as well.   I bought a pair of open headphones, Sanwa Supply MM-HP116 for $8, thinking of taking the headband to use with my KSC75. However when I listened to these I was surprised at how 'right' they sound. No bloating bass, no piercing highs, no muddy sound. In my opinion, they sound better than Meelec M11, better clarity and headstage, for $8...   Then I took out my HD280, which have been collecting dust for a year. I have a pair of...
In my opinion, unmodded SM3 is lacking some edge in the high mids. Some head-fiers replace the stock paper-like filters of SM3 and tweak the sound to their liking with other materials like foam. Do some search on the locked SM3 thread will show you precious information on this ^^   Although out of your budget, based on what I read (as I don't own one), I suggest looking into SE535 as well. If I were you, I would spend the money for SE535 than on an amp But that is...
  Thanks for the comparison!   I was thinking to get the 435S for their soundstage, bass, and low impedance, but from what I read, the dryer midrange might be a disappointment. I am spoiled by some really good quality mids from IEMs. So the search for full-sized headphones continues ^^   Looking forward to Part 3
  I agree with you   I bought a pair of UM3X last month, since then I have been using the UM3X daily. I prefer UM3X to SM3, for its more present high mids, consistent perfomance on all type music, and the friendly Y-split of UM3X ^^   What meurglys0 said seems to make sense to me. The lower midrange bump and the dip in the high mids are, in my opinion the reason of inconsistent performance of SM3. Like you have stated, in some tracks the SM3 does infact can sound too...
Hi Zombie_X   Was doing some research on full-sized headphones and came across to this awesome thread of yours. Really appreciate your good work for the community!   I read in another thread and noticed that you had a pair of German Maestro 435S. I noticed that you have already sold them, but it would be great if you could do some simple comparison between the 435S and the Beyerdynamic's. I am particularly interested in DT770, and would like to know how midrange...
  Busy with some assignment lately... But I never forget listening to music   Sorry for my poor comprehension, by 'drill out the bore on my custom tips', do you mean you want to make the nozzle's opening bigger?   The multifilament tips you sent to me (thanks!) sound pretty good with SM3, however it takes me 5 minutes to adjust and insert them into my ears ^^;     Oh didn't know that the little stem acts as a 'handle'. I thought it is to prevent the 'swivel' problem...
  average_joe prefers his EarSonics's custom tips. koonhua90 and slaters70 who use UM56 for their SM3 also prefer(ed) custom tips to the other tips. So, in my opinion, you won't know how good, or bad custom tips are until you try out yourself         Nozzle diameter of Westone triple-flange tips: 1.5mm Nozzle diameter of EarSonics custom tips: 2mm Nozzle diameter of Sensorcom (or Alpine ^^) double-flange tips: 3mm   The EarSonics custom tips have a flat surface, which...
hasanyuceer, for your information (in case you miss this awesome chart): average_joe's tips choice and comparison    I have a pair of custom eartips (from Earsonics) for my SM3, but I prefer the Sensorcom double-flange more. Easy to fit and don't sound as warm as the custom eartips. The Sensorcom double-flange is a must-try in my opinion.
  I think when people say Sensorcom tips they mean these: Sensorcom Double-Flange Silicone Tips   These double-flange tips have larger opening compare to those Westone single/triple-flange tips. In my case (and I believe most Sensorcom tips lover here), I have to cut the stem to make it shorter so that they sit still in my ears.   EDIT: Triple-flange tips from Westone, Ety and Shure are identical, they have a very small opening. If you want triple-flange tips with a...