Posts by nycbone

Moved to eBay.
$15 from Amazon. Buy two (or something additional) and get free shipping. 
Purchased new from the Needle Doctor a few months ago and used once to clean about 30 records. Only used a few capfuls of cleaning fluid. Drying towels were washed before using as per the instructions, but not washed again after the first bout of cleaning. All original components included. I don't believe this had any other packaging (just shrink wrap, if I recall correctly).    Prince includes Paypal and shipping within the continental U.S. only. 
In great shape with small nick in the paint on top since new (wasn't worth sending back to J&R; won't show in photo). I am the original owner. Price includes Paypal and shipping within the continental U.S. only. Original packaging and manual (a bit wrinkled) included.
In great condition with a little paint wear on the corners (my V-DAC had the exact same wear, presumably shelf wear, out of the box). Includes original wal-wart power supply, manual and original packaging. I am the second owner.   Price includes shipping and Paypal. Continental U.S. only.   Will consider trade for unmodded iPod video 5 or 5.5 in excellent working condition. 30GB minimum Minor scratches, scuffs o.k. I would need to see detailed pictures before...
Pending...
Not sure if this was built from a kit or factory built (never opened to survey the circuitry). Two MM phono inputs (what I used it for before getting my V-LPS), two switched and two unswitched power sockets, multiple line-level inputs and an external signal processor (e.g., equalizer) loop.   The only thing missing is the two short external loop connectors (used if the signal processor is not in place), but I will include an RCA patch cable which does exactly the...
I've been pretty happy with my pinnae for 46+ years, but I've been thinking about having them reshaped to achieve better synergy with my AH-D2000. Can anyone suggest a pinna shape that works well for closed headphones? Feel free to comment on other shape/headphone combinations that you like.   Thanks!
Vibrations, including sound vibrations. If you gently tap a tube with a finger nail, tap the amp case (probably a better idea) or remove the headphone plug (which I usually don't do while the amp is turned on), you'll hear it. I can snap my fingers without touching the amp near the Philcos and hear it in the headphones. Kind of cool, but I couldn't use them.   There are a lot of eBay (and other) seller with dime-a-dozen tubes with asking prices that are too high IMO. Some...
I really liked the stock 6JI tubes, but had one fail. Little Dot gave me a song and dance about having to clean the tube pins etc, but one clearly failed (major hum; glow was distinctly different from the good tube). It wasn't worth the hassle to pursue it, so I tried a bunch of cheap 6AK5 family tubes (1980s RCA; vintage Philco - quite microphonic; vintage Western Electric - pretty good) and finally settled on a GE 5654 from 1985 for both the SR125i and Denon AH-D2000....