Posts by Asr

I already wrote over at DIYAH that I found the Polaris to sound slow relative to the HeadAmp Gilmore Lite, an amp that's been available since 2005 (although it was discontinued in 2010) and shouldn't be too hard to acquire now second-hand. And as a musician, I'm well aware of timbre is, and isn't. It would be impossible for me to confuse it for speed/impulse response. I'm well aware of what the measurements might indicate and only reported my subjective perceptions for...
 Speaking to your point #1 for myself, I'm not usually motivated to write a review in the first place unless (or until) my opinion runs counter to popular opinion. It's why the vast majority of my reviews tend to be negative, either partially or mostly. Unlike most reviewers on the Internet, I fully believe in "tearing something down" if I think it deserves it, regardless of who makes it, from small businesses to large companies. And given the way that I acquire most gear...
 I'm pretty sure that he was banned (from Head-Fi) for attempting to do exactly that. Jude (the admin of Head-Fi) didn't allow the idea of crowdsourced funding for review samples, Lachlan complained about it, and was then banned. That's not ethical IMO either—where do these reviewers get off on trying to collect money from their reading audience to acquire items? If they can't afford to use their own money, they shouldn't be asking other people for money.  I'm pretty sure...
 Awesome, thanks! I missed most of the tracks, and I was able to download the whole set (2.3 GB for the 24/96) in about 25 minutes over airport wi-fi. Didn't think airport wi-fi could be that fast but I was just proven wrong.  
I received these albums from Vortaku. Only had enough time to check them out for just a few minutes so far but they all sounded really cool (particularly the hard rock-type albums). About to hop on a long flight for the holidays so I'll be able to put in a good listen soon on my ultraportable rig.   Gavin Degraw - Finest Hour: The Best of Gavin Degraw   Pop Evil - Onyx   Stone Sour - Come What(ever) May   And I also received these two albums from a surprise...
 You really think an aluminum chassis would add that much to the Polaris? I personally don't care at all whether the amp is encased in metal or plastic or whatever and actually prefer the plexiglass myself, because being able to see the electronics is super cool. (And I really don't like how the Schiit amps look either. For aluminum chassis, I've always preferred the HeadAmp aesthetic over everything else.) IMO, most of the reason G1217 flies under the radar compared to...
 Certainly one of them, the KOSS ESP-950 has also been around a really long time. Also the Etymotic ER-4S.  Seriously? If you're expecting that price for a new one, that's likely to happen only after it's discontinued and replaced by the next great IEM, and a retailer wants to clear old stock. In other words, that's going to take at least a couple of years. Or maybe even 1 year, at the rate new IEMs keep getting released.....
As someone who's in constant search of new music, I'm interested in knowing the specific albums that everyone is getting, if folks wouldn't mind sharing. I love discovering new stuff.  Traditionally there's been one, if someone wants to start it feel free.
 Sellers can edit out their price but that doesn't mean you can't still see them another way, just switch to the Closed listings: 
 It's clear that my tongue-in-cheek style of humor does not translate very well to Head-Fi in general. "Let's not post non-deals" was meant more as a joke than anything serious.