Posts by Asr

Running long cables isn't an issue for XLR, as it is with RCA.
 Correction for your report: this year's CanJam@RMAF was the 6th annual event, it started in 2009. And if you count the independent non-RMAF CanJams 2008 (Fort Lauderdale, FL), 2009 (Los Angeles, CA), and 2010 (Rosemont/Chicago, IL), it'd be the 9th event.
 I was going to respond via PM but I figured I'd post since it'd be visible to more people: Anyone who'd prefer to get "push"-type notification of a CO meet announcement next year may want to "follow" me (just open my profile and click "Follow Member"), especially those who think they might forget to manually check the Meets forum in March. No guarantees right now that I'll be organizing a meet though, as it's still up in the air, but there's definitely a decent chance...
 I'm disappointed too, I was looking forward to reading impressions of MrSpeakers' headphones on Garage1217 amps.
 Sorry for any confusion for the locals that have recently joined Head-Fi—I was talking about organizing a local Colorado Head-Fi meet, as barleyguy said. I have no affiliation with Head-Fi, who sponsored and organized the recent CanJam@RMAF event (the site's also a sort of business organization, not just a set of forums). A Head-Fi meet, on the other hand, is typically a much smaller event that Head-Fi members (like me, for example) organize for other members where we...
 Um, that's not possible when the amp has been available since only the beginning of last year (2013).  Yes you could theoretically do that, but there's no point in doing that when you need a balanced signal to actually get balanced output. (Plus the amp has RCA inputs for convenience so you don't need adapters.) The amp does not contain phase inverters as some other balanced amps do and will only output SE if an SE signal is input, or balanced if a balanced signal is...
Just noticed that Moon Audio is selling some of their RMAF display equipment, some of it for pretty good prices: http://www.moon-audio.com/specials   I'd totally be all over the April Music Stello HP100 MKII if I had the cash, but unfortunately I don't.     Overall Show Impressions   This was easily the biggest CanJam@RMAF so far, and I'm left wondering just how big it'll continue to get. As someone who's attended every single Head-Fi National Meet (since 2006)...
I got to wondering, since I've never heard anyone say "Lyr" at a meet or show I've attended, how is it pronounced? "Liar"? "Leer"? "Lur", or "Lrrr", as in of the Planet Omicron 8 from Futurama? Which one is correct?
 I meant to suggest that people with a feedback score of 0 should be removed or not considered; yours is already +1. Also, no offense intended whatsoever, and this isn't directed at you necessarily, but literally anyone can write "I know for a fact that I'd follow up with my end of the stick despite the fact that I'm relatively new on headfi". Those are just empty words that anyone, honest and dishonest alike, can say about themselves in order to get in on the loaner...
 HeadAmp is slated to be at the upcoming San Diego meet on 11/1, you know. I'm sure they'll also be at next year's spring SoCal meet.  Check out the amps by Garage1217 too.  3rd and last installment of pics: Fostex TH500RP HiFiGuy528, now of Woo Audio Oppo BDP-105 Westone's color palette Folks listening at Audeze April Music Stello HP100, DA100, and S100 MKII BMC PureDAC with Fostex TH900 and Oppo PM-1 (or PM-2?) Drew Baird of Moon Audio Monitor Audio PL200 and Silver...