Posts by Asr

Cool, looking forward to checking out the Alpha Prime!  Maybe try this dealer? http://www.listenup.com/locations/albuquerque/location-and-hours/. Barring that, the best thing I can think of would be CanJam@RMAF in October. Oppo was there last year, I'd imagine they'll be there again this year. I'm not trying to acquire a MrSpeakers Ether for the meet btw, kinda just hoping that Hardwired gets his in time.  
 Do you consider Keep of Kalessin to be death metal? I picked up their new release Epistemology the other day. Haven't actually listened to it yet (at least all the way through) so I can't really comment on it, but I got it on the strength of the streaming samples I've heard, and I was a big fan of their last album Reptilian. Really looking forward to Arcturus' Arcturian myself, the preview stuff I've heard so far has been promising. Paradise Lost has a new album called...
Finally got around to picking up a bunch of 2015 releases the other day, going through them one at a time.   I discovered this one through Amazon's "Related to Items You've Viewed" feed, probably would never have found it on my own. Worth a pick-up for anyone craving some new Alison Krauss material.  
Attendee list updated, looking forward to some of the latest gear additions like the K7XX and EL-8!  Btw, to go back to the subject of Westone, I sent them an e-mail last Monday but haven't heard back, so I've decided to not have any MOTs at the meet.  Moon Audio had the AKG K812 at last year's RMAF, they might have it again at this year's....
 What do you have for support there under the cones? They sure don't look like typical discs. Btw if you think the SR-009 sounds good on the BHSE, just wait until you try the OII MKI.
 They are being amped, the Project Polaris is a fairly powerful amp too.  I'm using a NAD T533 DVD player that I've had since 2006. But I had the exact same sonic complaint with the original HE-400 on my previous higher-end system, which was a Plinius CD-101 and HeadAmp GS-X MK2, so it's the headphones, not the associated equipment.  Sharpness was the wrong word, more like the percussive force which I've found severely lacking on both the HE-400i and the original HE-400,...
5/27 update: price drop, and giving this 1 more day before initiating a return   I just got these headphones new from Crutchfield on Thursday 5/21, and this is an INTEREST CHECK ONLY. If I get a PM with firm intent to buy within the next day (that is, end of Thursday 5/28), I will probably sell them; otherwise, if I don't get any PMs, I will likely just return the headphones to Crutchfield.   $380 shipped FIRM to USA residents only via FedEx Ground (price is flat, no...
I just got in a HE-400i that I ordered from the $400 sale last weekend.   It does sound good in a lot of ways, but at the same time there are some things that really bother me as well that have me unsure I'll be keeping them. One of the first tracks I queued up was an old favorite, Massive Attack's "Inertia Creeps" which just did not go that well on them. Just like the old HE-400, these shoved the belly drums to the background too much and was a total wet blanket on...
HeadRoom has a 20%-off code good through 5/25 for newsletter subscribers that should work for a lot of stuff on their site (but not everything obviously), just hit up their site for the info: www.headphone.com   I just tested it to work on the Audio-Technica MSR7, which makes for a sweet deal at $200!