Posts by Asr

The table is missing the one headphone I consider the "speed" king of headphones, the Audio-Technica AD2000. Anyone who listens to thrash metal and hasn't heard the AD2000 owes to himself (or herself) to check it out.
 Like it or not, whatever gets posted in this thread is not determined by you, nor will it ever be. People inevitably discuss the deals in the thread, it's just not something that can be controlled or moderated. There were many previous attempts at Deals-only threads in the past (that are now locked) because people like you kept complaining about discussion in the threads, which forced the moderators to keep deleting posts, but in the end it became way too much work for...
^ No idea what you're referring to. A quick Google search turned up nothing.
^ No offense but I always get confused by people trying to use "audiophile" headphones for gaming. Most >$200 headphones tend to need amps to sound their best, and if you're using an amp, you typically need a better (external) source than a computer sound card too. And for gaming that makes no sense at all, because you'd lose the game-specific sound processing that some sound cards offer (notably the Creative Sound Blaster cards, but also others).   The HD700 is...
^ The $325 deal was only for like-new b-stock units in Sennheiser's Outlet store, not for new unopened units.   I just got mine yesterday (I ordered a new one, not a b-stock) and it doesn't sound too bad. I was expecting worse from all of the criticism but it's not that terrible. The first thing I noticed was a hot mess in the treble but aside from that, it's actually sort of decent. It sounds just about how I'd expect a $300-$500 headphone to sound.  
 I for one find it pretty damn annoying (and unoriginal) that the headphone is being called the K7XX. I, among many others here on Head-Fi in the past, have used exactly "K7xx" to collectively refer to the K701, K702, K702 65th Anniversary, and K712, and people searching for "K7XX" on Head-Fi will turn up those results in addition to those for the new headphone. Someone should have thought through that model name a lot more before the headphones made it to...
My $425 (plus tax, argh!) HD700 arrived yesterday. I already know I'm not keeping them, look for them on the classifieds maybe sometime next week.   And HeadRoom still has the Etymotic ER-4s for $219. Out of stock right now so I'm waiting for them to re-fill.....
 Garage1217 makes some inexpensive amps, and in the USA.
The Sennheiser Outlet has lots of Momentum Over Ear and On Ear in stock right now and with the 35% off code, they come to $165.72 and $87.72 respectively. Seems like a really good deal. Really tempted to go for the Over Ear myself....   Btw, if there are any non-US residents who'd buy a pair of either of them from me (if I did buy one), let me know. I'd have to add on for shipping (via Express Mail International, which was a $25 minimum last time I checked) and PayPal...
Crap, the HD700 and HD800 are out of stock so now I'm waiting for them to re-stock.....   My wallet and I hate this thread SO MUCH