Posts by Asr

My $425 (plus tax, argh!) HD700 arrived yesterday. I already know I'm not keeping them, look for them on the classifieds maybe sometime next week.   And HeadRoom still has the Etymotic ER-4s for $219. Out of stock right now so I'm waiting for them to re-fill.....
 Garage1217 makes some inexpensive amps, and in the USA.
The Sennheiser Outlet has lots of Momentum Over Ear and On Ear in stock right now and with the 35% off code, they come to $165.72 and $87.72 respectively. Seems like a really good deal. Really tempted to go for the Over Ear myself....   Btw, if there are any non-US residents who'd buy a pair of either of them from me (if I did buy one), let me know. I'd have to add on for shipping (via Express Mail International, which was a $25 minimum last time I checked) and PayPal...
Crap, the HD700 and HD800 are out of stock so now I'm waiting for them to re-stock.....   My wallet and I hate this thread SO MUCH
The ESP 950 has gone lower than $700 and I'd bet on a further reduction on Black Friday, possibly by both Amazon and KOSS directly: http://camelcamelcamel.com/Koss-160416-ESP-950-Electrostatic-Stereophone/product/B000056ULH
 (1) Depends on which degree you're considering and which college or university you're attending since it varies based on the degrees and institutions, and (2) in most instances, yes you should be able to get a B.S. in CS and an MBA later on. You should really consult an advisor on your academic & professional future, Head-Fi (or any other online site) is the wrong kind of place to ask these kinds of questions. No one here knows anything about you and you need to talk to...
 Buy it....and then sell it if you don't like it. Audio gear tends to hold its value and at that price you can re-sell for no loss.  I already bought one, I'm actually tempted to buy another!
 The KEF M500 also appears to be on sale at Amazon and is probably yet another different sonic signature from the NAD (just guessing, haven't really heard the NAD yet). Btw I hate this thread in particular, it's corrupting my wallet! Now I have to read about the RE-600 to find out how good they are before I buy them for $200.
 You don't need the Alpha pot for low-impedance sensitive headphones. I had the Alpha pot on my previous GS-X MK2 which I used with the Audio-Technica AD2000 and Fostex TH900 and found that I didn't really need its precision all that much. The amp's 1x gain setting makes the DACT perfectly usable for even the most sensitive headphones.
 How much you miss out on by using the GS-X in unbalanced mode depends completely on your source and whether it's properly balanced or not. And if it doesn't have balanced output, there's absolutely no reason to think about using the amp's XLR jacks for anything because there would be zero benefit. And if you intend on using the GS-X in only unbalanced mode, you're completely overpaying for a balanced amp when you don't need one, and you should look for a used GS-1...