Posts by Asr

Certainly one of them, the KOSS ESP-950 has also been around a really long time. Also the Etymotic ER-4S.  Seriously? If you're expecting that price for a new one, that's likely to happen only after it's discontinued and replaced by the next great IEM, and a retailer wants to clear old stock. In other words, that's going to take at least a couple of years. Or maybe even 1 year, at the rate new IEMs keep getting released.....
As someone who's in constant search of new music, I'm interested in knowing the specific albums that everyone is getting, if folks wouldn't mind sharing. I love discovering new stuff.  Traditionally there's been one, if someone wants to start it feel free.
The "headroom" show? Were the organizers of this show aware that there's a company in the US called HeadRoom, which is also a Head-Fi sponsor? I thought the show was going to be for the company, not some independent thing. Perhaps you expected attendance primarily from those in the UK but for those of us in the US, the name is extremely confusing and you may want to consider calling it something else (particularly because you're mentioning this on Head-Fi, and once again...
 Sellers can edit out their price but that doesn't mean you can't still see them another way, just switch to the Closed listings: 
 It's clear that my tongue-in-cheek style of humor does not translate very well to Head-Fi in general. "Let's not post non-deals" was meant more as a joke than anything serious.
 The HD650 has been discounted to $325 by Adorama and Buysonic many times in the past, not just once. Hence $350 isn't really much of a deal. Plus there are often mint-condition used ones in the classifieds for even less.
   Reputation aside, let's not be posting non-deals in this thread.  $353 isn't a deal on the HD650. The $325 (Adorama & Buysonic) and $315 (Sonic Electronix) Black Friday discounts were deals, not those sorry excuses for "deals" from B&H and EGlobalCentral.com.
 From http://aurisonics.com/support/warranty/ : 
12/10 update: SOLD   $116 shipped FIRM to USA residents only via FedEx Ground (price is flat, no additional for any fees). 1st owner, just bought these very recently on Black Friday from Amazon during their one-day $99 sale. I originally bought these to keep them over my other pair (which is also listed for sale), but after listening to my other pair, decided that I didn't really want an HD598 anymore.   I opened the shipping box when it arrived but didn't even touch...
12/16 update: SOLD   $180 shipped FIRM to USA residents only via USPS First Class (price is flat, no additional for any fees). 1st owner, just bought these on Black Friday from EarphoneSolutions. Condition is 10/10 on the Audiogon scale. All original materials are included (box, accessories, etc). Less than 1 hour of usage on the default tips (which will be cleaned before shipping, of course).   Not interested in trades. I will also not sell these to anyone who has 0...