Posts by Asr

I don't remember giving RMAF permission to quote from my posts on Head-Fi.org, especially when they're not even crediting me for that!  
^ Sorry but due to RMAF coming up, I won't be organizing another meet until summer next year—possibly early summer, like in May. I guess if any locals see this thread, keep your eyes peeled (not necessarily in this thread, but the Meets forum) for a possible announcement of a meet by the end of March 2015.
 FYI, to amp the T1 correctly, you need to use an amp capable of high power output right at 600 Ohms (the T1's impedance). Most regular amps, and even most HT receivers, aren't really capable of that. Not many amps can drive the T1 correctly—but some that can include the SPL Auditor & Phonitor, Schiit Valhalla 2, and Garage1217 Project Ember (and some DIY amps like the B22). It's been about 4 years since I had the T1 so I can't really say much about how it compares to the...
Got my review-unit Polaris the other day. Looks awesome in person and the sound so far has been pretty good. Full review to come later....
 http://www.head-fi.org/t/632948/the-headamp-gs-x-and-gs-x-mk2-thread/675#post_9263617
I just recently re-acquired a pair of these headphones.   Holy crap I'd forgotten how good they are. I'm impressed all over again by their sound—overall just a great performer in almost every aspect that brings near-complete musical satisfaction to my ears. And at their current price on Amazon ($349) they're totally a must-buy for anyone who hasn't yet heard one! Even though they're "only" $500 MSRP, I definitely think they're end-game headphones easily, over dynamic...
^ That show (CAS) really needs to do more advertising because I totally forgot about it. Actually all audio shows need to do more advertising. If they're going to feature headphone vendors (which is becoming increasingly the case), they should place ads on Head-Fi!
Can't really answer either of your questions since I'm not really knowledgeable about mastering/production, and it's been years since I had the CanAmp.   You do need a surprisingly powerful amp to drive a K7xx properly though, that much I know. As in actual numbers—high voltage & current capability at the 62 Ohm impedance. I've compared the K712 on different amps (the original K701 as well) and found that a technically powerful amp will really make it come alive. Not a...
^ The HE-400 headband isn't padded either and would probably be just as uncomfortable for you. If you want a padded headband for comfort, get the HD600. Or check out Head-Fi's 2014 Summer Buying Guide (linked around the site) for more options.
^ Schiit Magni?