or Connect

Posts by Asr

I'd like to hear your HE-560, HP50, and K7XX, plus the Gustard. And was that the Fidelio X1 or X2? Would like to hear that again too, whichever model it was. Would also like to check out mikesale's Schiit Vali and john57's Alpha Prime. Hopefully I'll be able to bring more than just my MT220 and whatever else I still have by the meet....  
 Wow those binaural videos sound awesome, how did you record those? I counted at least four Garage1217 amps btw, nice to see their amps getting around.  Would've liked to have made it to the meet, hopefully will be able to make it to next summer's. Been too long since I last made it out to a Seattle meet.
There's now a decent chance I might just be in town for the meet, in which case I can try to have an Oppo PM-2 and/or HiFiMan HE-1000—will know more later in August, closer to the meet I'd expect. Not sure on an Ether though, still looking into it.  mandrake50 (from the previous page) owns an HE-560, and since I'd like to hear that myself again too, hopefully he'll bring it. Btw, I know everyone would like to hear the Ether and HE-1000, me included, but I can't yet...
 As someone who also listens a lot to metal, and I own a lot of albums from Disturbed, SOAD, Within Temptation, and Killswitch Engage too, I can't help but feel that you're potentially barking up the wrong tree with the HE-1000. Now admittedly I haven't heard the HE-1000 yet, but generally metal music does not sound good on hi-fi/high-end headphones because the recording quality tends to be very bad. The vast majority of metal albums tend to have tons of dynamic...
 Sure, feel free to just come on by and listen. There very likely won't be enough tables for everyone anyway.  Do you mean the link at the end of my post #1? Everyone coming with gear should feel free to update that spreadsheet going forward.
 Not really a suggestion, but I thought this might be relevant to the common interest.  http://www.head-fi.org/t/773300/hifiman-he1000-in-stock-at-headamp-now-500-off-gs-x-mkii-if-ordered-together
 You might want to correct that as the Simaudio Moon 430HA, because Simaudio Moon is not the same company as Moon Audio. (I was scratching my head over what the Moon Audio 430HA was.)
Anyone looking for inexpensive closed portable headphones needs to consider/hear/buy the Yamaha MT220.
Just an announcement/reminder of the upcoming 2015 Summer Meet #2 in Lakewood: http://www.head-fi.org/t/773039/2015-denver-co-summer-meet-2-8-22