Posts by Graz

Not really computer related, but... I live in downtown Shanghai.  The view out the balcony window (to the left of my desk) at night looks like this:  
So far, so good (knock on wood)...haven't had a single problem with any of them, and it's been over a year since I bought them...    I must say though that having four 28" monitors 2 feet from your face can be a bit overwhelming at first...I really had to crank the brightness down quite a bit.  But once acclimated, anything else feels quite small...one definitely gets spoiled.
These are almost exactly what you see in the pics: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824254043   $299.99 each...
I bought the 28" monitors last year when I was living in Taipei...I found a place that was selling them at like $300-350 USD each.  Individual monitor res is 1920 x 1200...so I use 3840 x 2400 wallpapers to span across all 4.   Computer specs: Intel 2.83GHz Quad core (Q9550) 8 GB RAM 2x ATI Radeon HD5700 Graphics cards (each with 1GB of GDDR5 VRAM) 3TB of total HDD space (2x 1TB + 2x 500GB) emu 1212m sound card Windows Experience Index scores are all around...
Thank you!
New Rig completed... >> 2nd Gen 32gb Touch clad in black & white Rebel Touch case (Welcome to SwitchEasy) >> Custom low profile LOD (courtesy of qusp) >> SR-71 (the venerable one, approaching 5 yrs old & still kickin' ass...modified to Gain=2 to better accommodate the IEMs...snuck a cool blue LED in there while I was at it...) >> UE-11 Pros Images:
Purchased a custom LOD from Jeremy. Communication was excellent, and the merchandise was exactly what I'd specified. Lead time & delivery date was reasonable. I would not hesitate to do business with Jeremy again. Peace ~ Graz
rig under construction...just waiting for a new lod from qusp. should be decent once all the pieces are in place. the pieces: 32gb touch > lod > sr71 > ue11-pro gotta say, attaching a touch to an amp (especially one with a significant front faceplate lip like the sr71) isn't exactly trivial. had ideas kickin' for a few days & tried a few things...finally ended up with what's shown below. i think it's gonna work out...tight & secure with nothing strapped over the top...
I want to preface this by saying, I like ALO products. I've purchased one imod LOD, and am on the verge of purchasing another standard LOD for other uses. OK...so here it is (and this is just my personal opinion...others may disagree)... I hope I don't offend anyone, but I seriously don't like the ALO logo melted into the connector shroud on the ipod side. To me, it looks tacky and even cheap (again, this is just my opinion). On the LOD I purchased, the melt job...