or Connect

Posts by Erukian

That article is referring to warm up, not break in. After I read that article a year ago I just leave my dragonfly plugged in 24/7 in my USB hub in my work office so it stays nice n' toasty. Once the components cool down you need to warm it up again by leaving it plugged into a source. Correct me if I'm wrong though.
 I'm noticing the same thing. I believe it was the audio mixer on the iphone trying to mix in system notification sounds at 44.1khz. I specifically noticed it when I received an email and the audio was distorted. Turning on the mute switch fixed it for me.
Sort of on topic, does anyone know with the new bluetooth 4.2 chips and iOS 9, if the iPhones finally support AptX?
Apple won't admit to a flaw in their design, not after they sold >13Million on opening weekend.
I clearly hear the buzzing in his video, but I can not reproduce the issue on my dual driver IEM's. So far, the 6S+ sounds much warmer to me than the 5S did.
Hello!   Has anyone else ordered one of the new metal Apple Lightning Docks? ($50)    Mine arrived yesterday and this seems to sound bigger, more spacious, with clearer bass, and overall more authority over my iPhone 5S using the same volume settings within the music app. I assume the amps are different so volume matching might not be accurate using "clicks" on the iPhone.   Headphone being used is the Sennheiser Momentum 2.0's. I'm looking forward to...
I only turn on my Gungnir when I use it, and don't run int 24/7 like what seems like some of you folks do.   Are there any solid reasons on why running it warmed up makes a difference? Someone earlier said Mike Moffat said to leave it on, this is news to me.
Is that like the audio quest dragonfly which claims volume control in the analog domain using windows/mac digital volume control?
SE output is fine on the Gungnir to a amp w/ volume control. BAL output on the mjolnir to an amp that has balanced inputs has resulted in a minor issue for me. Mjolnir is picky about what amp is on the other end of the BAL OUT. In my case, with a Emotiva XPA-2 it caused the muting relay to click on and off non stop for a few minutes when you power off the speaker amp, like when I wanted to switch from speakers to headphones. Other than that it works just fine. The options...
I've had my Gun+Mjo for a couple years and recently picked up a Audioquest Dragonfly for a portable work rig when I'm in the office. I can't believe how smooth and natural the Sabre DAC in it sounds. Hopefully Jason/Mike consider creating a ESS Sabre DAC board option for the Gungnir in the future, if it's even possible.   Is the consensus that the AKM Dacs more analytical in nature?