Posts by Kadano

I have 11 pairs of Sony MH1. I love them, except for their cable. Also, it seems to me the cable also has high resistance / impedance, so I tried to exchange it for a cheap 3.5mm to RCA cable:   I cut off the RCA plugs and the MH1 speakers. Then, I removed the cable plastic shell so the metal wires were out and accessible. I twisted together the bronze wires from the cable and the speakers as well as the colored (red / blue) wires from the speakers with the yellow...
  Is there a tutorial on opening the TRRS plug and switching the cables in there to achieve OMTP → CTIA modding?
I used your picture because I already glued the remote of the MH1 I worked on together. My third attempt was simply going for TRS, so I soldered M− and M+ together so that I’d at least have proper audio.
I just did it and it didn’t work. What did I do exactly?Open up the remote and resolder the cables on M− and M+ in reverse order. When I plugged the modded headset to my Sony Xperia Sola (CTIA), it said “unsopported headset type”. A different vanilla MH1 with CTIA↔OMTP adapter worked just fine on that phone. So I searched further, and within the comment section of this blog entry, elerouxx reported the same problem:...
Does that mean that switching the ground and mic wires within the remote will do what I want (convert to CTIA)?
Because shortening it won’t preserve the button and mic functions?  Will switching the ground and mic wires in remote effectively convert to CTIA? I am afraid I might end up with the left speaker having CTIA ground while the right one has OMTP ground. Could you link me a good tutorial (post # in this thread, I guess) about doing the procedure you mentioned? I have twelve Sony MH1 right now (~5€ each from Amazon.de), but only one adapter (the one ClieOS recommends). Because...
No, it was a local listing website. It did include extra plugs and a shirt clip, although it was sold as oem.
Received the MH1 today, replaced my Brainwavz M4 on my Meizu M6 TS.   The upgrade in sound quality is amazing! At least when I held the middle button down, lol. The CTIA-OMTP adapter is on its way, but I don’t want to go back to the mediocre M4 sound, so I wrapped a small piece of plastic around the button that holds it down all the time.   I paid 6.45€ for the MH1 … an absolute steal. They trump everything I’ve listened to before by a lot.   The Xiaomi pistons seem...
Do you still have it? I'm interested. Vienna, Austria.
Wow, great post, Typhoon! Nice to read similar experiences, I thought I was the only person who prefered M2 (although we compared them to different phones and even phone types).   ClieOS' reviews have been pretty accurate and helpful for me, and as he writes that M3 are more distant and not so much "in-your-face" like M2 (which I LOVE), I won't buy them. To me, M2's bass already hit really low and hard, so I don't think I'd be much hapier with M3. I agree with you...