Posts by Kadano

It is easy. Edit: But the linked guide is unnecessary complicated, imho (unless you are experienced, patient with this kind of work and have all the tools). My mini-guide is really simple to follow (at least I hope so): http://www.head-fi.org/t/632892/review-sony-mh1-the-best-kept-secret/3330#post_10997922
I visited a large electronics chain (Media Markt) two days ago, for the first time in quite a few years. They had a desk with BOSE earphones where you could test them with your own devices. Because I had my Meizu M6TS and my recabled Sony MH1 with  me, I decided to compare it against the most expensive one (250€).   Turned out it sounded considerably worse than the MH1. Less, if even any deep bass response, bad seal, less clear mids and highs … it’s so ridiculous how...
Yeah, I can imagine. It’s easily 5 times the workload of what I did. And the only benefit is that the cable is more flexible that way (below my shrink-on tubes, the soldering causes some stiffness obviously). Unless you want to sell them professionally, I don’t think it’s worth the effort. Not for me, anyway.
Yeah, good luck reading through 220+ pages, haha. At this point, we need a Sony MH1 wiki, I think.
I still read your request for photos on my notification email. It seems you don’t care any longer, but others might. Thus:    The cable I used is this one: http://www.lunashops.com/goods.php?id=4480 (8$ shipped)I also left a review there. It’s similar to the sturdy cables on Brainwavz M2. Considering how MH1 is still available for less than 10$/€ in some countries, it might make more sense to get this cable instead, which costs only half as...
No, but you can replace the cable on your own. You need:  1. Soldering iron2. Soldering tin3. Wire stripper or scissor4. Shrink-on tube5. Replacement cable, for example this one: http://www.lunashops.com/goods.php?id=3625
I have 11 pairs of Sony MH1. I love them, except for their cable. Also, it seems to me the cable also has high resistance / impedance, so I tried to exchange it for a cheap 3.5mm to RCA cable:   I cut off the RCA plugs and the MH1 speakers. Then, I removed the cable plastic shell so the metal wires were out and accessible. I twisted together the bronze wires from the cable and the speakers as well as the colored (red / blue) wires from the speakers with the yellow...
  Is there a tutorial on opening the TRRS plug and switching the cables in there to achieve OMTP → CTIA modding?
I used your picture because I already glued the remote of the MH1 I worked on together. My third attempt was simply going for TRS, so I soldered M− and M+ together so that I’d at least have proper audio.
I just did it and it didn’t work. What did I do exactly?Open up the remote and resolder the cables on M− and M+ in reverse order. When I plugged the modded headset to my Sony Xperia Sola (CTIA), it said “unsopported headset type”. A different vanilla MH1 with CTIA↔OMTP adapter worked just fine on that phone. So I searched further, and within the comment section of this blog entry, elerouxx reported the same problem:...