Posts by Bojamijams

I only have the HiFiMeDIY Sabre Tiny but it doesn't work with Poweramp... probably does with UARP but I'm not ready to give up the functionality
Has anyone found a DAC that works with the Nexus 5? 
 I can confirm the Nexus 5 to the HiFimeDIY Sabre (Tiny in my case) does not work.  Very sad but can't say I wasn't expecting it.  The Nexus 5 has a new DSP that is used for audio instead of the SoC that is meant to lower battery usage so I think it may have something to do with it not working.   I would love to hear if someone can get a DAC working with the N5 without UARP (or even with UARP, I don't have the app so can't test if it would work with the N5)
In case you don't know the story behind the J$ pads read here http://www.head-fi.org/t/424130/review-jmoney-audio-genuine-leather-earpads-for-beyer-dt770-880-990#post_5677983   DavidMahler has already rated these as an A+ (http://www.head-fi.org/t/634201/battle-of-the-flagships-58-headphones-compared-update-audeze-lcd-2-revision-2-6-4-13#user_DT880) well... with the J$ Pads these become A+++   I am the original owner and these are in great shape. 9/10 on the Audiogon...
Must be in great condition from a non-smoking home.  Seller must be willing to ship to Canada.
 I'm looking for the 700 specifically for it's bigger soundstage and better positioning (to be used in FPS games) But I'm wondering if you could expand slightly on the bloated bass reference.  From my understanding, if the output impedence is too high (as in, not more then 8x or even worse, bigger then load impedence) then bass suffers as the difference acts as a filter. Maybe this only applies in cases where the output impedance is higher then load (this was witnessed...
Ok, thanks guys.  I'll stop OCDing about the 8x thing :)
 Changing out for another sound card is not really an option as I need Dolby Headphone so I can't just do line out to an external amp. Output needs to be from the headphone output so as to support Dolby Headphone. I haven't tried my future setup yet (STX into Audio-Technica AD700X yet) but the only reason that I'm looking to lower the output impedance is that for a 'proper' setup you need to have load impedance 8x the output impedance. So with the STX's 10ohm output, the...
Problem is, I want to keep using the HP out part of my sound card as that is the only one that Dolby Headphone works for.  I suppose I could double amp but that would introduce other issues and I don't know if the original ones would go away either.     Let's say I do double amp (obviously noise floor increases), and the output impedance of the 2nd amp is <2 ohms, (1st amp is 10), would that be all that is required to match up the 48ohm headphone better? I remember...
Hi Guys,   Posting here since you guys are the smartest bunch we have here on these boards.   My Essence STX has an output impedance of 10ohms on the HP output. Not great I know.   With 32ohm cans like Denon's and Grado's, I get some sibilance issues and I believe it also affects bass frequencies (as in, you get less of it).   So I'm wondering what the minimum difference between the output and load (in ohms) is required so as not to have any issues.   Any...