Posts by Sorensiim

The SE846 has a 9 ohm impedance, doesn't it? This means that the maximum output impedance at which it can maintain the correct dampening factor is (9/8 = 1.125) 1.125 ohm. The regular Linum Bax by itself has an impedance of 1.5 Ohm which you must add to the output impedance of your source. This means that anything with an output impedance of more than minus 0.375 ohm will mess with the sound of your SE846 using a Linum Bax. For instance - using my PB2 with my (~40ohm) K10,...
I still vote for replacing the redundant battery info in the status bar with some form of volume indicator.
I'm a big fan of the AK120II user experience as well, but I still have a few suggestions/comments I'd like to share with A&K - but how? Can't seem to find a general customer service/support point of contact on their website and emailing support.inc@iriver.com results in... nothing, actually. No reply.   My niggles/suggestions are these:   In the status bar at the top of the screen is a pie chart of the battery charge level right next to a numerical representation of...
       One more vote for the custom route here! I've borrowed the N4 from a friend and while I like the sound of them, I went back to my K10 after an hour, simply because customs are so amazingly comfortable. Once they're in, they just disappear and the only thing you feel is the music... the sweet, sweet music.
Thank you, but no. Two of my friends like metal as well and have tried getting me on board too. I've tried several of the bands from your list and I genuinely dislike the sound of them. Some love oysters, some puke at the mere sight of them. Some love metal... I really don't. 
I'm yet to find any genre that doesn't sound its best from the K10. Granted, the hardest stuff in my library is Combichrist and Rammstein, but the K10 has phenomenal speed, resolution and punch. Should be a winner with metal!
I remember when this subject came up on POTN, a Canon camera forum. A couple of guys were discussing how their wives reacted when they bought a new, expensive DSLR. Then a third guy joined the discussion: "Guys... You're doing it all wrong. She can't tell one camera from another, so I just make sure to keep only one black camera in sight at all times. I currently own five."
As I see it, your best options would be either A) having Ted (Headphone Lounge) or Norne Audio build you an adapter from 2x3.5mm to RSA (or any other more common balanced termination), so you can have your pick of fancy cables or B) learning to solder.
I'd love to try this, but I'm not sure I understand why you'd want a big, power-hungry 5" screen on a dedicated music player? Any word on battery life yet?
This hobby shouldn't be about who can throw the most money at their ears - it should be about enjoying the music. Listening to my Philips Citiscape Uptown straight from my phone can still put a huge grin on my face