or Connect

Posts by Sorensiim

That depends on what I'm listening to - and how I'm listening. Today at work I was listening to the utterly amazing TRON soundtrack by Daft Punk while churning out Powershell scripts (automating the deployment of SCOM clients for new customer servers in our hosting center, thanks for asking) the music and (c)iem combo served to keep me motivated as well as block out the background noise of the office. Went with the K10 for their combination of soundstage for the orchestral...
I thought the exact same thing about the K10 3 years ago, yet here I am with the Katana, having my mind blown all over again...
In Denmark it's 25% VAT on everything plus 2% import tax on headphones, plus a fixed $24 import fee, bringing a set of Katanas to a grand total of $2400. Plus the cost of the divorce lawyers if she ever finds out
Try this version on the Katana  
Anyone considering a universal IEM should try the Savant. Yes, the Katana & K10 flagships are technically superior but I love the way the Savant just gets out of the way and lets the music flow while doing pretty well with just about any genre. For something like Fink, I often reached for the Savant over the K10 (but now the Katana has taken that spot, because DAMN.) 
Some of the albums I have in heavy rotation are:Steven Wilson - Hand Cannot Erase (prog rock, superb sound quality)Röyksopp - The Inevitable End (EDM/Electro)Opeth - Pale Communion (Prog rock)Skunk Anansie - An Acoustic Live in London (rock, great live album)Hans Zimmer - soundtracks to Interstellar and The Dark Knight RisesFink - Wheels Turn Beneath My Feet (chill rock, live album)Kyle Dixon & Michael Stein - Stranger Things Soundtrack (Synthwave)Agnes Obel - Aventine...
Oh I'm not claiming that K10/Katana is THE BEST. At this level it pretty much comes down to taste anyway, so I don't think anyone can say that one TOTL (C)IEM is objectively THE BEST. What I meant was that you'll be happier in the long run if you get the one you really want, not just the one you can afford right now. The most expensive isn't always the best (for you), but don't let the price tag deter you. You'll spend some more time saving up, but you won't spend any time...
Buy the best and only cry once. You're both in for a treat!
I exposed two more of my colleagues to the Katana today. One of them plays in a rock band, the other has played the violin for 15 years, so they know how The Music is supposed to sound.    Both just sat there, jaws dropped, eyes wide open and pulled up their sleeves to show me the goose bumps on their arms. @FullCircIe Doc, I think you've got another winner here.