Posts by Sorensiim

Hi guys!   So, after a long break from Head-Fi, my subscriptions page says that I had 2700 unread posts waiting for me in this thread. What did I miss? 
 Thanks for taking over, I just can't keep up with Head-Fi these days and this thread deserves proper attention 
As I write this, I have 590 unread posts in this thread. I have been super busy lately and there's no sign of it slowing down anytime soon. That, combined with the fact that I don't even own a DX50 anymore, has me thinking that someone else should take over the reins on this thread. I'll still be happy to host mirrors for DX50 files though    Any volunteers? All you have to do is keep the first post and the thread title up to date with the latest DX50 info and be a...
Mirrors for the 2.0.5 firmware and the DAC driver:   Http://www.sorensiim.dk/stuff/DX90_USB-DAC_driver_for32bitWinXP&Win7.zip Http://www.sorensiim.dk/stuff/DX90FirmwareV2.0.5.zip   Should be faster than downloading from Ibasso :)
Well, take a look at the general level of customer satisfaction here in the Noble thread vs. the JH Roxanne thread (JH builds in the US). Edit: Sorry about replying to age-old questions but I've been busy at work so I've fallen far behind on Head-Fi  I should demand some form of monetary compensation from my employer! It's not fair that I have to forego surfing the forums, they should actually pay me for.... Wait, they do. Damn.
Can't blame ya   (They look much better in person actually.)
The Noble K10 and the 8.A. Might even plug in my HD595 just for kicks  I don't plan to use the M-DAC with headphones (other than for testing purposes) but for my speakers it is absolutely sublime. Balanced XLR variable lineouts and a remote control combined with the INSANE sound quality and detail retrival makes for a very enjoyable setup with the equally brilliant active Adam speakers! That OPPO HA-1 looks like a beast tho! I wonder if the lineouts are variable?  Sorry...
PURPLE AND GOLD!!
Last week I finally got a nice DAC for my active speakers: The Audiolab M-DAC, a $1000+ ESS 9018 desktop DAC that won several awards last year. Plugging my CIEMs into the (suprisingly capable) headphone output, the first thing that struck me was how similar to the DX90 it sounded. When I have the time I'll do a comparison with the DX90 and the M-DAC both hooked up to my PB2 just to see if the $429 DX90 really keeps up with a $1000+ desktop unit.
Well, mostly because it looks like pipe padding and the point of this particular mod was to get the brilliant Sennheiser HD650 pad (with the indentation at the top) on another set of headphones.