or Connect

Posts by Sorensiim

I've been really busy at work today - but not with actually working, mind you.      As you switch between the two, there is absolutely no doubt that they come from the same line of DAPs. I actually find detail retrieval to be the same between the two, as you'd expect with the identical dual dacs. But there is a sonic difference between them. It's not a huge, night-and-day difference, but it's there alright. The AK120II is clearly tuned to for a "reference" sound where...
Why don't you tell us how you really feel? Meanwhile, I'm sitting here with a PC, moving and renaming files on the AK120II and AK240 without a single issue. Works perfectly fine in Windows... You know what? The more I think about it, the more it seems like the issue is with OSX's lack of support for the MTP standard. Whoa, I just noticed that this fact has been discussed a zillion times on the AK240 and AK120II threads and in just about every review of the players.  But...
Thanks man!  I absolutely love that song on headphones, it's always the first track I put on when trying new gear.
Yeah, I'd love to see the AK100ii case made for the 120II and 240 as well! Nice, simple and durable.
Comparison is ongoing. More pictures here: https://goo.gl/photos/5TgBhSRaugkSEt629 PS: Those of you who think the AK120 II leather case is ugly clearly hasn't seen the one that comes with the AK240.
If I had been testing these in a store, looking at full retail price for both, I'd walk away with the 120 II after about 5 minutes.
I've used the K10 with my laptop HO, the Chord Hugo and pretty much everything in between. I'm pretty sure Dr. M sold his soul to make them sound great no matter how you drive them. They'll keep my head boppin' and my feet tappin' right out of my laptop and then just keep scaling as I improve the audio chain. Damn impressive work! 
Very initial impression: I went in expecting zero audible difference, maybe the tiniest fraction of a percent on DSD material. Identical hardware for the dual dacs and the amp, sound should be identical. Much to my surprise, there's more to it than that... I don't know if they wired things differently or if they're just differently tuned in software, but there IS a difference, not only with DSD. Not a huge, night-and-day, $500-worth kind of difference, but it's there...
Choices, choices, choices...