or Connect

Posts by Sorensiim

I'm at 70-80 on the balanced output with my K10, depending on the recording.
There's just enough of a difference between the AK120II and the AK240 to nudge me over to the AK240, most noticeably the bass. Dunno if I'll be keeping it as long as I did the AK120II, but the time has come for me to move on, I'm afraid.
Any of you guys driving open-backed full sized cans straight from the AK240? Been thinking of getting a set to compliment my (C)IEMs, but I don't want to fall back down into the rabbit hole of amping and stacking - not to mention building a desktop rig that'll never see any use. I'm looking at the Philips Fidelio X2 as a cheap way to get my open-backed fix and they should be very easy to drive. But then there's the HD700... I could probably stretch my budget to a used set...
Oh I'm sure that the AK120 II is not, strightly speaking, ruler flat. It does however go for a slightly more neutral-ish sound than its bigger brother.I haven't heard the Fiio X7 or the AK320/380, but if anyone from A&K or Fiio are reading this, feel free to send me loaners for review! ūüėÄ
I've been really busy at work today - but not with actually working, mind you.      As you switch between the two, there is absolutely no doubt that they come from the same line of DAPs. I actually find detail retrieval to be the same between the two, as you'd expect with the identical dual dacs. But there is a sonic difference between them. It's not a huge, night-and-day difference, but it's there alright. The AK120II is clearly tuned to for a "reference" sound where...
Why don't you tell us how you really feel? Meanwhile, I'm sitting here with a PC, moving and renaming files on the AK120II and AK240 without a single issue. Works perfectly fine in Windows... You know what? The more I think about it, the more it seems like the issue is with OSX's lack of support for the MTP standard. Whoa, I just noticed that this fact has been discussed a zillion times on the AK240 and AK120II threads and in just about every review of the players.  But...
Thanks man!  I absolutely love that song on headphones, it's always the first track I put on when trying new gear.
Yeah, I'd love to see the AK100ii case made for the 120II and 240 as well! Nice, simple and durable.
Comparison is ongoing. More pictures here: https://goo.gl/photos/5TgBhSRaugkSEt629 PS: Those of you who think the AK120 II leather case is ugly clearly hasn't seen the one that comes with the AK240.