Posts by Sorensiim

Yes - you get the AK100II DAC and the E17 amp if you use the analog input of the E17. But remember that you get the E17 amp for better or for worse, so while it might have more power than the AK100II amp section, it might not be as refined or maybe it adds some coloration. But sure, you can use them together and if you like the HD700 from the E17 now, it certainly won't get any worse.
I'm pretty sure even the old Fiio E11 has more output power than the AK100II.  But power is nothing without control. There's more to amping than just making your headphones play louder.
You could get an AK100 II and a nice little amp for driving the HD700 and still be spending less than the cost of the AK120 II. 
I wear glasses as well, so the HD25-1 II are my "Hey, you gotta listen to this"-cans 😀
I use Linum cables for their superior comfort as I wear my headphones all day at work. Linum Bax Linum Super Balanced No magic snake-oil-fuled sonic changes but superior ergonomics.
Have any of you guys considered setting up a virtual Windows or Linux installation for these tasks? It really really shouldn't be necessary, but if it bugs you that much, it might be worth a shot.
My first DAP was the Frontier Labs Nex IIe: http://www.bjorn3d.com/2002/10/frontier-labs-nex-iie-mp3-player/ "The Nex IIe is a small lightweight player that uses Compact Flash cards and can also double as a portable flash memory device. It’s got a nice LED readout and accepts both Compact Flash I and II cards which means you can use not only regular CF memory cards but also the 1GB IBM Microdrive. That’s a heck of a lot of space for something a good deal smaller than a...
AK120 II -> Linum Super Balanced -> Sennheiser HD25-1 II   Because why not?  I had a spare Super balanced (review sample/preview) with a defective 2-pin connector so I repurposed it for the HD25-1 II. There's a reason these old cans are considered one of the classics... They're great fun and going balanced certainly didn't hurt them!
AK120 II -> Linum Super Balanced -> Sennheiser HD25-1 II   Because why not? I had a spare Super balanced (review sample/preview) with a defective 2-pin connector so I repurposed it for the HD25-1 II. There's a reason these old cans are considered one of the classics... They're great fun and going balanced certainly didn't hurt them!