or Connect

Posts by Sorensiim

I think perceived treble response can vary quite a bit from person to person. Personally I love the treble on the K10 because it seems to just keep climbing forever, without ever being piercing or sibilant. I still have the Heir Tzar 350 and while it can be a useful scalpel for dissecting the sound of an amplifier or checking the background noise of a recording, it can also be unbearably sibilant and really doesn't have much of a bass presence. They're pretty much the...
Selling for a friend My friend has decided to put his AK T5P up for sale because he's going full retard and getting a Focal Utopia, so everything else must go. The headphones are basically brand new. Comes with original packaging etc. Non-smoking, pet- and childfree home.   Located in Denmark (Europe), will ship anywhere on buyer's dime. Paypal or bank transfer only, no trades.
Selling for a friend My friend has decided to put his HD800 up for sale because he's going full retard and getting a Focal Utopia, so everything else must go. The headphones are in near-mint condition, still some mileage in the earpads too. Comes with original packaging etc. Non-smoking, pet- and childfree home.   Located in Denmark (Europe), will ship anywhere on buyer's dime. Paypal or bank transfer only, no trades.
Selling for a friend My friend has decided to put his Questyle CMA800R up for sale because he's going full retard and getting a Focal Utopia, so everything else must go. The amp is in pretty much perfect nick and has been used to drive his HD800, an absolutely stellar combo. (HD800 will also be up for sale soon).   Located in Denmark (Europe), will ship anywhere on buyer's dime. Paypal or bank transfer only, no trades*.     *well, except for Focal Utopia or possibly...
Those new Beyers with the positively tiny dongle sport 7,5 hours of playback time:
Me too, and as @bangkokkid will confirm, I have the patience of a 3 year old.  You'll be keeping them for a loooooooong time, and the acrylic art works are worth the wait.I still spend a couple of minutes every day just looking at these babies when I take them out of their case in the morning. 
https://www.amazon.com/Dry-Packs-Cotton-Silica-Packet-Pack/dp/B0038N30OY/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1472736395&sr=8-5&keywords=silica+pack That's a bundle of 20 silica packs for $7. Maybe if you found 19 other (c)iem owners you could pool together and split the cost?  
I found the Linum Music to be a bit too warm sounding with the K10, but I guess that's a matter of taste.  And before anyone jumps in to say "RAWR RAWR CABLES MAKE NO DIFFERENCE"... Some cables do. The Linum lineup has been specifically engineered to have different resistances which indeed does alter the sound. Not only that, they have the A/B switch box and dual-input iems to prove their claims: (I've posted these before, I know) As a die-hard cable sceptic it was VERY...