Posts by Sorensiim

The worst thing about describing ciems is that it all boils down to "These are really good, trust me!". I wish I could let people try them out and listen for themselves.
I would love to try the Hugo with my K10 but whenever I consider it I'm reminded of the advice my dad gave me when he came home in his first Audi: "My son; never test drive a car you can't afford." For now, I'm driving the K10 with my DX90/PB2 (topkit) combo. Complete and utter bliss, but at an almost sane price.    I usually live (and die) by the creed "Buy The Best And Only Cry Once" but there's a bit more to it with headphones: First you need to find out which headphone...
FWIW, I spent over 3 months on my K10 review and completely re-wrote it 4 times. They do everything so well  (to my ears) that I was having a seriously hard time not making it sound like a paid hypefest. After a year of ownership, I still haven't found anything they do badly. I would love to try the Roxanne for comparison but I don't have the funds (or the patience) for that adventure. MG6 Pro and Ref 5 is also on my list for when I win the lottery. I have an MDAC on the...
Try playing back a silent track to see if it's not just muting the output when no signal is detected.
Dog.        Edit: Glad to see I'm not the only one finding the Noble thread rather silly.
My DX90 has clocked ~170 hours right now. I must say I'm very, very impressed. The amp section is a massive step up from the DX50: No more hiss, gobs of power and authority. I will no longer be packing an amp when I'm out and about, there's no need. At my desk, there are still some gains from adding my PB2 balanced amp (upgraded with 1678 opamps and HA5002 buffers) but I must admit that they're a lot more subtle now. Yes, the built-in amp of a pocketable DAP is edging...
My DX90 now has close to 150 hours on it and I've had my first "proper" session with it - 6 hours straight. I'm still very, very impressed by the DX90. The one word that really stands out for me is "clarity".    The DX50 is great for the money, but the DX90 is just great, period. My DX50 will be up for sale soon...
 Dudes - In English please and let's try to keep the thread on track.
 I'm rocking a topkit from Head-Fi user HiFlight. The PB2 awesome on its own, but the topkit is the perfect icing on the cake.  Try Keith Jarrett's Köln concert (from 1974 I believe). The recording is utterly sublime and the imaging is amazing. It's like you're sitting on stage, next to the piano. And you'll be annoyed by the guy coughing in the 4th row.I really hope you're trolling. If not, I guess it's my duty to inform you that the AK units are grossly overpriced.
Must... resist.. making... inappropriate... jokes!