or Connect

Posts by Sorensiim

I'm checking out the AK240 because I happened to get a chance to (maybe) buy it at a great price, not because I'm shopping for a new DAP per se ☺️
I'd really like to be able to not only move, but re-move the buttons on the home screen. Especially since the "Store" isn't really working for anyone anywhere, It would be nice if we could get rid of it. Personally, I'd probably kill "Playlist" and "Genre" as well. 
Ibasso players are great when it comes to sound-quality-per-dollar and they'll always be my go-to recommendation when people ask what to buy instead of an iPod. But as an overall package, as the least compromising player out there, I'd have to point to AK.  ...sure would be curious to compare the DX200 though!
AK120 II -> Linum Super Bax -> Noble K10. I don't think I've ever stuck with a setup as long as I have with this one before... Just magical.
After close to a year of enjoying the AK120 II, an AK240 is now en route to yours truly. It's a try-before-you-buy sort of deal, as the two players should sound identical on paper and all the reviews I read can't seem to agree on whether or not there's an audible difference between the two. Oh well, I guess I'll just have to sink some hours into A/B'ing them with everything from 16/44.1 to 5.6Mhz DSD. Tough job, but somebody's got to do it!
I used to own the DX100 with all its slow and quirky UI, its firmware updates that changed the sound sig, its ear-splitting POP if you left the headphones plugged in when you turned it on, not to mention poor battery life and 12V charger. But it was crisp and clean with sensitive IEMs, yet powerful enough to blast the HE500 planars to unsafe levels and still make them sound good. It a brick of compromise, but all was forgiven when the music played. Then came the DX50,...
I knew that the A&K players were a ripoff. I knew that it would be a much better investment to go with Cowon/Ibasso/Whatever because they offered a similar or better product at a MUCH lower price and the stats and numbers clearly supported this knowledge. Then I tried an AK240 in the flesh. Later that day I put my Ibasso stack (and a kidney) up for sale and ordered my first AK. Haven't looked back. Buy the best and only cry once.
In Rainbows was released as a free lossless download and on vinyl ☺️
Especially that track on a good set of headphones... just gets me every time. Such an amazing recording, such brilliant mastering. 
  There may come a day where I am no longer in love with the song Reckoner. There may come a day where I am no longer amazed by the K10 in balanced mode.   But today is not that day.