or Connect

Posts by Sorensiim

You are absolutely right. On paper, the upgrade will net me nothing but storage and bragging rights. That's exactly why I originally chose the AK120II over the AK240, and have been VERY happy with it ever since.However; a unique opportunity has come up that would allow me to not only get an AK240 at a very reasonable price, but also let me try it before I (might) buy it. This way I can do a direct comparison in my own time, with my own files before deciding. And should I...
I did it! I caught up with this thread, after plowing through a backlog of over 1000 posts. I am still VERY much enjoying my AK120 II every day at work, but I've been offered an AK240 at a good price AND the chance to compare it head-to-head with the AK120 II before deciding if I want to upgrade or not. This was simply too tempting to try, I've always been curious about the 240. On paper, it should sound identical to the 120II with PCM material (=99.5% of my files), but...
Hi guys, what did I miss in those last 3700 posts?      I've really tried catching up, but with a full time job, 3 kids and a wife... I gave up. 3700 unread posts are just too much, even for me. 
I had a lot of fun with this TSA-unfriendly rig: DX90 -> PB2. The K10 sure loves going balanced, but you definitely dont need an amp with the DX90. Throwing the PB2 in the mix is more a case of adjusting the flavor than making things uniformly "better". I sure liked it though.   I found the AK120 II to be sheer perfection with the K10 - if the recordings and files are up to snuff. The combo is RUTHLESS and something like Adele's "21" is not really enjoyable on it. The DX90...

Nope, no drop in bass with the BTS compared to cable, but the SBH20 actually adds a bass boost.
Okay Noble, I'd like to complain about a fit issue: No way that huge crown is going to fit on the back of my AK! We need stickers about half the size of the current ones! 
In direct comparison, using FLAC files on my HTC M8, The Sony SBH20 actually holds up very well. It's a bassier than the Noble BTS and not as "clear" sounding, but at 1/6th the price, I'd say the SBH20 would be the smart choice for use on the go with mid-fi gear. Not sure if I would be able to tell the Noble from the Sony using something like my Philips cans. With the K10, however, there IS an audible difference. 
Forgot to mention that I tried the BTS with my Sennheiser HD25-1 II as well. Sure, they could do with a little more raw power than what the BTS pumps out, but there wasn't a drop in bass to be noticed. I'm starting to think you might've gotten a bad unit 
FWIW, I never noticed a bass drop on the BTS, using it with both the Savant and the K10. A coworker let me borrow his Sony SBH20 and comparing it to the BTS I noticed the Sony lacking the clarity of the BTS but having a slight bass boost.    The BTS also helped me notice that the bluetooth implementation on my ludicrously expensive AK120II is nothing short of useless. Seriously - expect 3 feet of range at the most, but only if there are no obstacles between the AK and...