Posts by Sorensiim

My desk is right on the other side of that wall. I think Noble rolls the same way...
Still enjoying the everliving heck out of my custom Encores! Yes, the Katana has them ever so slightly beat on ultimate clarity and soundstage, but the Encores just sound so... so right to me! The music just flows and you find yourself getting lost in it and just bobbing your head with a big dumb grin on your face.
Sale pending.
My friend bought these, but ended up preferring his OG HD800. So these are now up for grabs, they still have that "new headphone" smell. Currently terminated to 4-pin XLR but can be re-terminated as per buyer's wishes. All original accessories & packaging included. Will ship them anywhere, but buyer pays shipping.    Edit: To answer a few questions: 1) They are located in Denmark, so shipping from within the EU. YAY no import taxes/fees if you are in the EU as...
I guess the price is in line with the rest of the Chord lineup, but that is A LOT of money for what it does. You could buy a decent laptop for the same amount and it would do the same things as the Poly. Plus, you know, you'd have a laptop.
Yeah, I might had been interested at half that price, but for now I think I'll stick to my Mojo+laptop&foobar setup! 😨
Calling all Mojo owners, the Chord Poly is here! A nifty little attachment to the Mojo that will stream and play just about anything. Controlled from your smartphone via Bluetooth, it certainly opens up some interesting possibilities. I'll be watching with interest to see what kind of a price tag it gets and whether or not it can be charged while connected to the Mojo. Chord announcement here: http://www.chordelectronics.co.uk/product/poly/
Am I the only one treating the Noble product lineup as a todo-list?    Wizard Design Sages with blue "Meteorite" faceplates, hanging out with my Wizard Design Encores. Very, very impressed by the Sage! If you want to dip your toes in the Noble waters, you should definitely grab the Sage. It's basically a baby Encore. Sure, you can hear a difference between the two, but with the Sage coming in at 1/3 the price... wow.   Edit: Remind me to resize the /dev/VG1/root lvm...
It's a brilliant combo, but...   There IS a slight hiss, but I only noticed it when A/B comparing the Hugo and the Mojo. Mojo is DEAD silent with K10, Encore and Katana. My K10 customs were the first to ever leave Noble HQ and I only noticed hiss with the Hugo when comparing directly against the Mojo.  In conclusion: Hugo + K10 = Highly recommended, but not 100% hiss-free.
Definitely the Kaiser Encore. Massive and punchy bass, but only when called for. The (now discontinued) K10 matches it when it comed to bass, but the Encore beats the K10 in sheer resolution, clarity and soundstage.