Posts by Sorensiim

The wires are extremely thin as you can probably imagine - expect to be using a loupe. I used a very sharp knife to carefully cut the isolation and then tweezers to handle the wires. Not being a ham-fisted ogre will probably make it easier, but don't try to get this done in a hurry. Luckily, blood cleans off this cable easy enough.
That will be one of my questions - a <1Ω version, please! And maybe a slightly longer version too. Cable nirvana would be <1Ω, 64 inches/160cm in lenght and with the anti-tangle tech. Maybe even a DIY-friendly, un-terminated version as I don't think it will be feasible for them to carry every single obscure termination used by head-fi'ers. I really like the 6-pin Hirrose (Ibasso balanced) connector, others swear by the Kobiconn (RSA and others), the unbalanced are mostly...
The laws of physics still apply to this cable, it doesn't magically float in the air. It's a bit shorter than the Noble stock cable so I have to place my rig closer to myself but that's all. 
I've posted a few thoughts on the Linum cable here: http://www.head-fi.org/t/719062/review-estron-linum-bax-new-iem-cable-for-a-new-age/180#post_10888154 - Let's try to keep this thread on it's Noble track 
After reading the review (first post of this thread) I got in touch with Estron.  I'm Danish so having a premium cable maker in my neck of the woods was an opportunity I couldn't pass up. I managed to talk myself into a loaner 2-pin Bax and got their permission to re-terminate it so I could use it with my PB2 for my Noble K10:         The ergonomics of this cable are just crazy. It looks pretty damn thin in pictures but IRL it's even thinner. As others have...
Look under settings -> Sound. The Moto G has an auto-enhancement "feature" that basically turns all headphones into Beats. Turn it off and everything will be much better.  And yes, the K10 sounds suprisingly good from "poor" sources and the Z1 aint half bad...
Not a lot of symphonic works go through my ears, I'm afraid. The London Symphony Orchestra's rendition of Carmina Burana does make an appearance every now and then, howerver. As does the soundtrack to Kieslowski's "Bleu". I do like to listne to complex music though, Opeth's latest album "Pale Communion" is in heavy rotation here! I've never met a recording that the K10 couldn't keep up with. I guess that's the point of having 10 drivers - there's always power in reserve....
People mentioning the Chord Hugo was one of the reasons I took a 4 month break from this place...
After listening to the K10 (daily) for over a year, they still blow my mind. They still keep growing if I upgrade or change a link in the audio chain, leading me to believe that the DX90/PB2 rig isn't even showing their full potential.But most importantly, they still give me a huge, silly grin on my face.