Posts by Sorensiim

Any word on if the output is just a regular 3.5mm headphone output or if it doubles as an optical output like on the other AK players?
No idea if there's any negative effect on the battery from having it plugged in all the time, to be honest. And every single online debate on the topic invariably results in two camps, one saying it's bad for the battery, one claiming the opposite and each producing indisputable evidence to support their claims. So I just use it this way because it's damn convenient.
You know what, guys? I like this setup. I really do.  AK120II -> Linum Super Balanced -> Noble K10. Perfect synergy, capable of handling anything and everything you throw at it and it fits in my pocket when I take the bus to work. Pretty sure I could live with this being The Endgame Rig for a good, long time. Especially because the only ways to upgrade would be to go AK240 and Noble Prestige. ($2500 and >$2600, respectively)
The AK120 II is utterly phenomenal with the K10... A bit pricey though, but less so than the AK240 and it has the exact same DAC & amp section and UI, but in a better (IMHO) form factor. 
The HD25-1 II is a ton of fun straight from the AK. Sadly, they're not the most comfortable cans on my (admittedly large) noggin now that I have glasses. I'll keep them around a bit because I have something on the way for review. Once that's done, they'll probably be put up for sale. I love them, but I can't wear them for any extended period of time 
Yes - you get the AK100II DAC and the E17 amp if you use the analog input of the E17. But remember that you get the E17 amp for better or for worse, so while it might have more power than the AK100II amp section, it might not be as refined or maybe it adds some coloration. But sure, you can use them together and if you like the HD700 from the E17 now, it certainly won't get any worse.
I'm pretty sure even the old Fiio E11 has more output power than the AK100II.  But power is nothing without control. There's more to amping than just making your headphones play louder.
You could get an AK100 II and a nice little amp for driving the HD700 and still be spending less than the cost of the AK120 II. 
I wear glasses as well, so the HD25-1 II are my "Hey, you gotta listen to this"-cans 😀
I use Linum cables for their superior comfort as I wear my headphones all day at work. Linum Bax Linum Super Balanced No magic snake-oil-fuled sonic changes but superior ergonomics.