Posts by Sorensiim

I like this.   Poweramp playing FLACs on my HTC M8 via the BTS to the Savant. Portable life is good.
Looks like I spoke too soon - currently DSM does not support MTP file transfer 
I have a Synology NAS (aka The Only Way To Fly. God, I love that box!) and an AK - (LAN) Streaming works perfectly, it's pretty awesome. Can't download tho, but transferring files to the AK is stupidly easy from a computer. Or plug it into the NAS and use the web interface to copy the files.  The only thing I own with an inline remote are my Philips Citiscape Uptown. No luck with the inline remote, but bluetooth remote signals work just fine, if you can maintain a...
You might want to skim through the thread, as I think the AK100 II vs AK120 II balanced debate could literally be the most well-covered subject here.
Everybody showing off their Savant, talking about "black faceplate" this, "rose gold screws" that while I got a lemon...   Wait, what's that signature? Could it be that these aren't lemons? Maybe they're actually...   ...yup, Wizard design Savant universals.    Now that I've taken pictures of them, I've got some memory wire to kill. Or maybe I should (severely) shorten a Linum cable? Wait, maybe the Linum Bax with its slightly warmer coloration could turn these...
Very early honeymoon-phase impression: I like the Savant. Coming from the mighty K10, you can definitely tell that the two are related, but the Savant has more treble presence than the K10 and less emphasis on the bass. Toying with the EQ, however, reveals that the Savant can go deep as well, it's just not tuned for it. Soundstage and separation is better on the K10, but with the Savant coming in at a cool $1000 less than the flagship... Color me impressed. For acoustic...
Exactly. The K10 is capable of delivering bass that will blur your vision, but only if it's in the music... 
Nope, nor did I really care. Just because I finally take the plunge and buy something doesn't mean that the company should stop all R&D. 
Hey, remember when A&K promised that there wasn't a new top model DAP waiting around the corner? http://www.head-fi.org/t/765908/astell-kern-ak380