Posts by Sorensiim

Legal piracy? Isn't that sort of a contradiction in terms, like "German humor" and "Intelligence Agency"? On a positive note: Using the AK120 II as a DAC on Windows 10 64 bit just works. No drivers, no muss, no fuss. Pure plug & play  
I hear the Noble stickers are just the thing for livening up drab corporate laptops... 
The drivers and tuning should be 100% the same, so given a perfect seal from both, they should sound identical.
Look at it this way instead: They're going to sound awesome. Then, when you feel the itch to upgrade, the headphones won't be holding you back. 
I just jumped ship - From a DX90 w/ PB2 to an Astell & Kern AK120 II. The funny thing about the K10 is that they sound great straight from my phone, but will just keep scaling with whatever I put in front of them. They really like going balanced, but they don't need gobs of power.
Nothing special? Hell, a Porsche Design Blackberry makes it one of the more expensive rigs in the thread! 😀
We didn't all start out as experts, so sometimes we ask about things that are painfully obvious to others 😉
I really meant to try the single ended output today. Was just going to have quick listen to the balanced output but then 8 hours flew by.I'm not a big fan of Phil Collins, but his album "But seriously" in 24/192 is friggin amazing on the AK. INCREDIBLE dynamics and details!
It is indeed. The old ones were available as 2.5mm TRRS balanced as well, but this is the new 0,5 ohm (regular Linum Bax is 1.5 ohm) version. Thicker than the regular Linum Bax, but soooooooo soft and flexible, feels more like string than a cable. Too early for sonic impressions, especially when I'm getting used to a new source as well.
Nope, can't use the dock with the case, I'm afraid.