Posts by OPTiK

Has anyone compared the VX1 to the TP30? I like my TP30, but it's lacking a little in power for my speakers. The volume doesn't really move once I go past 12 o clock.
What I use:   Merkur Model 180 Long Handled Safety Razor Feather Hi-Stainless Platinum Double Edge Razor Blades Proraso sapone da Barba Shaving Cream (with Eucalyptus Oil and Menthol) Vie-Long Beehive LE Badger/Horse Hair Mix Shaving Brush Colonel Conk Evernice Model 775 Chrome Safety Razor Stand (looks nice, poor quality though)   So far I really like it all. I want to upgrade the Proraso to Geo F Trumper Coconut Oil Shaving Cream, but I need to finish...
2009 Lexus IS250 AWD -- I need new pics, I got the windshield tinted recently.  
I have to say, the O2 amp + odac combo is pretty awesome. I use it with my JH16s and it really has brought some sonic awesomeness to my music. The thing about the O2 amp is that its dead silent, and without any gain resistors I can actually play around with the volume knob! I had the e17 for a bit, but there was something about it that I didn't like... It felt like the bass leaked into the mid range. Either way, my DIY O2 amp is sticking around for a long time! :)
This has 'lolwhut' written all over it.   [flame suit on]
Has anyone had issues playing 24/96 tracks with the odac in winamp? It'll play it at first, but the kbps will jump around and winamp will give me the error:   "Error while processing frame (FLAC__FILE_DECODER_SEEKABLE_STREAM_DECODER_ERROR). This error is caused by corrupt file or hardware malfunction".   I've played these files many times before, including with an e17 so I know its not the file. Did I get a bad odac?    EDIT: Foobar plays it fine...
I've had the Topping TP30 for a while driving my computer speakers (Polk Audio RTi A1) and I've been very happy with this amp. The only thing I wish is that it had a little more power, but overall its almost perfect for what I need it for.
Ahhh, didnt realize you were going portable..though thats a big portable rig lol.    I've actually been using the E17 with my JH16 and I've really been enjoying it! I scoured headfi to see if anyone else had tried the combo, but I couldnt find anything definitive. I'm glad I took the plunge, its a big improvement over my iPhone 4S!
FYI.. that hub isnt powered so the battery backup you're using is providing the mA that the e17 needs. I did some quick searching and found a Ultra Aluminus powered hub that would provide enough power for $15. This would remove the Targus battery backup from the mix.
I pasted the DLL into my winamp plugins folder but its not showing up in output? I only see disk writer/direct sound output/waveout output. I enabled "Allow 24bit" too in playback. Am I missing something?   EDIT: Looks like this is for Windows7/Vista, not XP. Nevermind :/